• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

yu-gi-oh ripping problem

mike_r

Posted by domvakis

domvakis said:
I have a lifetime licence for anydvdhd
serial:xxxxxxxHD and i wanted to report a ripping problem with one title but still waiting for a confirmation email to activate my acc for posting,so i desided to write a pm to you.
The title is Yu-Gi-Oh Bonds Beyond Time and its the 2d/3d version.The 3d version is real3d not anaglyph.
Both 2d/3d on same disc.
I use the latest 6.8.5.0 version and i ripped to iso,the resulting iso it creates has corrupt video. The first corruption appears at approx 00:01:50 where it appears to freeze for a second, then the streams become blocky.
Same problem on oldest versions of anydvdhd.
I ve played then the original disc on powerdvd11 and my panasonic stand alone player as well and works perfect.
Please msg me as soon as you have time so i could help if i can resolving thr problem with the specific disc.

Kind regards,

If you are plying the original with PowerDVD11 with AnyDVD running and all is ok, and the corruption is in the rip then I think your rip is the issue (bad burn, or corrupt hard drive). To your LOG:

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.0)
PLEXTOR BD-RPX-B940SA 1.08 10/03/26PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 12180544 sectors (23790 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: YU_GI_OH
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 21
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): B
Blu-ray disc Region set to B!
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.8.5.0 ) is up to date.
Code:
PLEXTOR BD-RPX-B940SA 1.08 10/03/26PIONEER
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which can be the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Your region code is not set.

With some DVDs and some drives, AnyDVD cannot decrypt CSS unless your drive's region code is set properly.
You must exit AnyDVD when checking.
  1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit AnyDVD.
  2. Click start. Right click on My computer--->select properties.
  3. Click on the Hardware tab--->click the device manager button.
  4. Open the DVD/DROM branch---> right click on your optical drive.
  5. Click properties.
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start AnyDVD.
These instructions have no effect for Blu-Ray region code, but it is still recommended.

I play the original disc with anydvdhd disabled.I used 2 different drives and made 2 different rips with same result.
I will update soft of both optical drives and rip again,on this one and also on my other drive which is a newer model of plextor,px-lb950sa,and try both and back to you with new results...

Please try playing with AnyDVD enabled. Is the film corrupted then?

Please try playing with AnyDVD enabled. Is the film corrupted then?

Ok just did as you say,i played the original disc with anydvdhd enabled and i have that specific problem,the film gets corrupted.
If i disable anydvdhd and play the original disc,it just plays fine without probs.
I ve updated my plextor as well to the newest firmware.
Here is the logs from anydvdhd.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_F_YU_GI_OH.zip
    296.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
A developer needs to look at this. Can you please post an online link to where you bought this title?

Ok,ty for thos mike_r..just to mention i tried the 3d version,didnt try the 2d at all,if you need any info on that i could do as well.
here is the link...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yu-Gi-Oh-Be...=sr_1_92?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1312045571&sr=1-92

I see the problem - might be on purpose (if so, quite clever) or might be an authoring bug (or -feature?).
In any event, it's fixable.

EDIT: thinking about it, it's probably a feature. I assume, there are scenes that differ from each other in 2D and 3D (the 2D variant is not simply one channel of the 3D version, but instead different material). AnyDVD isn't prepared for that. Easy fix.

Last edited:
Any news if there will be any new version of anydvdhd that will fix this title?

Any news if there will be any new version of anydvdhd that will fix this title?

Given Peer's statement I would think it'll be in a newer release in the near fugure but we'll have to wait for when they decide it's time for a new update that also includes it. Given that Peer said it was easy we may see it in the next version. I'm sure they are working on other stuff that is more pressing right now, however, so we'll have to patiently wait.

Back