• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

You're not going to believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxmini

or maybe you will believe it.

I "backed up" a DVD that I got from Netflix and asked my wife to drop the movie back in the mail. She mailed back the "ripped" movie instead of the original.

Anyone know what's going to happen?

While it is not strictly prohibited the discussion of copying rentals also isn't promoted in the forums.

I have no idea what NetFlix's reaction will be but I would think they would be within their rights to cancel your account with them. On the other hand they are making money off you so they might not care. They will, however, be contacting you because you still possess their original disc since they only got sent back the copy. I suspect they won't be pleased at this and the person who opens the package that you returned will probably raise their eyebrows a bit. One way or another you'll need to talk to them. The question is who will contact who first.

Due to the fact that I can easily foresee this thread going in many directions that aren't positive in nature I'm going to close it. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back