• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Xonar...NOT happy

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
So, my Xonar is dead. I get nothing from it now. It did this to me last weekend, as well, and nothing I do gets it to come back this time. I'm going to have to RMA it to Asus. YEY. I've had to pull it from my machine and am back to using the ATI. This is NOT the way to impress me with a piece of hardware. And I'm sure I can't RMA it on the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday. I'm a tad more than "upset" right now.

Really? That's news to me.

;) :D

If only I would have mentioned it to you then. :D I've submitted an RMA and asked for a brand new card. It's less than a month old so I don't want some refurb piece of junk that may have problems later on. I'm very unamused right now.

If only I would have mentioned it to you then.

Yes. If you had, then I may have mentioned the possibility that it was dying ;)

I've submitted an RMA and asked for a brand new card. It's less than a month old so I don't want some refurb piece of junk that may have problems later on.

Good luck with that if you're RMAing back to Asus. You'd be better off asking for an exchange from point of purchase.

I'm very unamused right now.

Yeah :(

Good luck with that if you're RMAing back to Asus. You'd be better off asking for an exchange from point of purchase.

I doubt they have many refurbs, actually. You may get an open box replacement . . .

I contacted the company I ordered from, as well. We'll see which company is going to give me the best solution to this problem. It's a company I've never done business with before so I have no idea how good/bad they are with returns. Asus, from what you're saying, doesn't sound too promising so I'll probably go with the company I ordered from.

I'm RMA'ing it to where I bought it for a brand new card. It's less than 30 days old. Symptoms? No video. It did this to me last weekend and moving it to another slot seemed to fix it. This time, however, it did not. The blue diagnostic light doesn't come on to indicate that it's getting any video from the ATI. Plugging the ATI directly into the receiver works fine. I'm watching Quantum of Solace on it right now in fact. Would like to be bitstreaming the audio but oh well. I'll get a replacement and if I still have trouble it goes back and I get a refund. Not going to screw around.

Last fall it was posted the frequency of the light indicates the problem. I know on mine heat is very high and would be my first thought. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Trust me when I say heat is not a problem in that machine. There's 2 cards in a full tower Antec case with a crapload of fans...the Xonar and my ATI. The frequency of light when working correctly flashes for each frame of video it receives. Otherwise if there's an issue, it flashes diagnostic codes. Mine flashes....nothing. Nada. Hence why I believe the card to be dead for good this time.

You're the first I've seen speak of the diagnostics, I hope your issue is resolved quickly.

You're the first I've seen speak of the diagnostics, I hope your issue is resolved quickly.

That's because I study up on things I need to know about. :) I was curious about the flashing light as I thought it indicated something was wrong. I found a post on the asus forum from an asus tech stating that the normal pattern is that it flashes for every frame of video it receives from the hdmi input. If something is wrong, it flashes diagnostic codes. Handy information to know, no? :)

Yea, it'll be another week or 2. But I should be getting a replacement. Brand new from the company I ordered from.

That's who I'm dealing with. Did they give you any issues?

None. When I did the rma the fine print says they would test to determine if it was a default or my fault.

Got it and it currently works great. It's issue was sound only in 192khz.

At the time no one was east coast, and I think it's still the same.

Sweet. Mine would be recognized by Windows just fine, but, there was no video. As I said earlier in the thread, the diagnostic led wasn't even lighting up to show that it was getting any video. So hopefully they determine it's dead and send me a new one fairly quickly. They won't even get it until Tuesday.

I left everything(drivers) and at that time ASUS TMT installed. Only disabled them. When it returned, enabled and back on track.

Of course I had an 8200, 7.1hdmi lpcm system to play with meanwhile.

Back