• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XBMC + AutoFrequency + MPC-HC + ReClock ???

MickBim

Hello,

My HTPC is under XBMC and is using MPC-HC as external player.
But before launching directly MPC-HC when I select a movie/TV show in XBMC, AutoFrequency is in the middle to switch the refreshrate to the refrashrate of the movie file.

For those who don't know AutoFrequency, it's a french software which analyzes the movie file in parameters and then switches the refreshrate of the screen to the refreshrate of the movie file.

Here are 2 pictures of the main panels to show you the "philosophy" of this software :
http://i41.tinypic.com/24oc0g6.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/1j9mjs.png
As you can see we select which refreshrate we want for the video framerate in entry and then we set up the software to launch the player we want with the wanted parameters.

Here is my problem.
For those who my know, nVidia drivers don't set the correct refreshrate when we chose 23Hz in the nVidia panel. 23.976Hz is wanted but we get 23.988Hz (sort of) instead.
To correct this we have to set a custom resolution and in the end we get the 23.976Hz. But doing so, we lose the correct 24Hz refreshrate because nVidia drivers (or Windows go figure) doesn't like custom refreshrates with a comma in it. The custom resolution is set over the 23Hz AND 24Hz ones.
So, whenever I play a movie file which is in 24fps, the refreshrate is set to 23.976Hz.

My question is this :
Is it possible for ReClock to change the frame rate of the movie to 23.976fps ONLY if the original frame rate is 24fps ? Since it's the only frame rate which causes me a drop frame (every 40s or so), I'd like to change it only for this one.
I know the original frame rate is supposed to be 24fps for movies & cie, but almost 90% of my movies/TV shows are in 23.976fps I wouldn't want to try fixing something that already works perfectly.
And also it's been quite a pain in the ass to setup my HTPC so the little work the better. :p

Before trying to do this myself (with great pain), I'd like to know if this is even possible (using RunEvent.vbs if I've understood correctly the mean if this script) ? The VBS script would activate itself only when told to so that I won't have to change my current setup (XBMC -> AutoFrequency -> MPC-HC) since the refreshrate would already be at 23.976Hz.

Thanks a lot for your answers

PS. : excuse me if there are any mistakes, English is not my native language

You do not need a script at all unless you are trying to use Reclock to change the refresh rate, which it sounds like you are not.

Reclock, when active, will always adapt the frame rate so the refresh rate is an exact multiple (or 2 or 3 times the refresh rate is an exact multiple if the first is not possible and the appropriate option is set). So, if you have exactly 23.976 refresh rate and your frame rate is the same Reclock will effectively do nothing, although active. If though, as is very common, your refresh rate should be 23.974 or similar, Reclock will be making tiny adjustments to keep video smooth. Of course, it will also make the bigger change from 24 to 23.976.

Ignore Reclock when it says, coonfusingly, it is changing the speed to 24fps. This just means it has detected media that is around 24. In fact it is always adapting the frame rate to best suit your exact refresh rate as measured to a very high accuracy by Reclock.

Last edited:
Back