• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Writing to Video Media Was not successful

brian_j

I am trying to copy a workout dvd. I put it through AnyDVD, I then use CLONE DVD. I find the file I need to copy then click go. The program shows that it is Creating DVD Files, once it hits 100% it goes to Write. As it begins to Write the program comes up with an error: Writing to Video Meadia was not Successful: Media Write Error. A write error has occurred, probably caused by bad media. Please replace the media and try again. WriteDVD 10 11 W2

I have tried 2 different brands of DVDs. Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB, up to 16x 2Hrs SP mode. I have also tried Memorex DVD-R 16x 4.7GB 120 Min.

All of my programs are up to date. The drive I use is a RW DVD+R DL, Compact Disc Rewritable Ultraspeed, DVD R/RW.

If you could assist me with copying this DVD without these errors I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

both the brands you name are considered as Class B, low grade quality media. In short "crap". Try a Class A, high quality media such as Verbatim or Tayo yuden. Pretty sure your burn problem will disappear

Media

That's what is weird, sometimes I can copy with no problem then other times it pops up that error message. I'm assuming maybe the Quality Assurance for these two brands of media isn't very good.

probably, if you get the error on every other disc it may very well be that the discs are borderline quality and one is just a little bit better than the other one which makes it not error out. Maxell and memorex (especially) are known for their bad quality blanks. Get a small stack of verbatim (i believe they do sell them in boxes or spindels of 10) and i can pretty much guarantee that your next burn of that same movie on a verbatim blank will go through without a hitch or you must have a drive that is on the edge of dying as Verbatim is a superb brand. I've been burning discs for about 15 yrs and almost always used verbatim (used a few other brands when i first started, but quickly settled for verbatim in the last decade). They have never let me down.

I am trying to copy a workout dvd. I put it through AnyDVD, I then use CLONE DVD. I find the file I need to copy then click go. The program shows that it is Creating DVD Files, once it hits 100% it goes to Write. As it begins to Write the program comes up with an error: Writing to Video Meadia was not Successful: Media Write Error. A write error has occurred, probably caused by bad media. Please replace the media and try again. WriteDVD 10 11 W2

I have tried 2 different brands of DVDs. Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB, up to 16x 2Hrs SP mode. I have also tried Memorex DVD-R 16x 4.7GB 120 Min.

All of my programs are up to date. The drive I use is a RW DVD+R DL, Compact Disc Rewritable Ultraspeed, DVD R/RW.

If you could assist me with copying this DVD without these errors I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

some of these brands you speak of I have never seen. I've been using either Sony or Memorex for years,with rarely an issue. I was just
burning a miniseries last month without issues. Now,it will not burn anything due to "Bad Media"

some of these brands you speak of I have never seen. I've been using either Sony or Memorex for years,with rarely an issue. I was just
burning a miniseries last month without issues. Now,it will not burn anything due to "Bad Media"

This is a two year old thread, but that aside, Sony is not too bad. I have used some of that with no issue. As far as Memorex is concerned, I wouldn't use it if it was given to me. I have had nothing but trouble using their CD and DVD media.

Make sure you are using CloneDVD 2.9.3.1 beta.

Last edited:
Back