• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Writing to video media not successful

james007

Hi, i have been experiencing a problem recently with burning my dvd's. When i burn a dvd, it successfully reads it, but when it starts burning it onto a disk i always get an error every single time in different percentages. At first i thought it was my dvd burner so i went and replaced it, but i get the same problem. I have tried many different movies and media types but nothing seems to work. I am running the latest versions of both any dvd and clone dvd. This is the error message i get:

Writing to video media was not successful:
C:/Documents and Settings.........
Data error (cycle redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.

Any suggestions?

Can you write the complete message? I'm interested in "........."

Burning error

1. I am running anydvd version 6.4.5.9 and clone dvd version 2.9.1.9

2. It fails at burning with every single dvd i put in.

3. a. Writing to video media was not successful:
C:/Documents and Settings/James/My Documents/DVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_3.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.
DETAILS
File 1 C:/Documents and Settings/James/My Documents/DVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_3.VOB 23 W2

5. I don't have any other burning software

6. anydvd 6.4.5.9 clone dvd 2.9.1.9

7. I experience problems with all disks

8. Firmware up to date

9. I am positive it isnt the blank media because it works with my other computer which has the same exact burner as this one. I have tried both - and + and even printable media and it fails with all. I only use Memorex and TDK printable media.

10. 4x

11. As i said before, i have problems with every dvd i use.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• clone dvd log.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 1
Since you are positive it is not the media, then I guess you don't have a problem. Memorex and TDK are two of the worst brands of DVDs available to the general public(IMNSHO).

I only use Memorex and TDK printable media. == Junk

Verbatim. Enough said!

While I'm in agreement concerning Memorex and TDK, this error message is a bit weird:

Writing stopped: C:/Documents and Settings/Jackie/My Documents/DVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_3.VOB: read error

Error details: File 1 C:/Documents and Settings/Jackie/My Documents/DVDTemp/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_3.VOB 23 W2

There's some issue with respect to reading from your hard drive. Clonedvd processes files from your E: drive and copies them temporarily to your C: drive. Then it reads from your c: drive and burns the disc. But while reading from your C: drive, a read error occurs.

I would run a chkdsk repair on your hard drive, and ensure that no other program or process is running in the background that would be accessing your hard drive at the exact same time.

Also, it's imperative that you post Anydvd .zip log files.

Last edited:
weird

The most weirdest thing happened! I took out the disk that I tried to burn and failed at 57%. I turned it over to see how much it was able to write on the disk (you know how you can tell by the different color) and i noticed the disk was completly written. I was curious to try it out to see if it burned completely so i put it in my dvd player and it worked, the menu came out and everything! But as i went skipping chapters, it froze about an hour into the movie, but it is so weird that the disk looks like its fully written when it actually isnt.

Note: I check msconfig to see what programs where running in the background and everything was pretty much unchecked except for nero. I didn't even know i had Nero installed on my computer. I deleted it since i don't need to use it and i am trying to copy the movie again.

Last edited:
Back