• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Write Existing Data

Harrigan46

In CloneDVD2 when I choose "Write Existing Data" tab; then choose Dvd movie files as my source and Dvd writer as my output. I'll hit go and the process starts, but when writing begins why don't I have any control such as "Cancel"? All the control icons, restart, cancel, and write are all gray'd out. The only way to stop the process is Task Manager. Its not often that I stop the process in mid stream using a DVD+r media; It results in a (Coaster), but when using DVD-RW Media CloneDvd2 will overwrite existing data on the Media allowing another burn.
Can anyone explain why no control options are available during the write process?:doh:

In CloneDVD2 when I choose "Write Existing Data" tab; then choose Dvd movie files as my source and Dvd writer as my output. I'll hit go and the process starts, but when writing begins why don't I have any control such as "Cancel"? All the control icons, restart, cancel, and write are all gray'd out. The only way to stop the process is Task Manager. Its not often that I stop the process in mid stream using a DVD+r media; It results in a (Coaster), but when using DVD-RW Media CloneDvd2 will overwrite existing data on the Media allowing another burn.
Can anyone explain why no control options are available during the write process?:doh:

Thank you for your e-mail.

When you cancel the reading process you don't damage your hard drive. But you
damage your DVD blank when you stop the writing process. A writing process
cannot be cancelled, it has to be done without interruption.

Best regards,

Peter Nord
elby Support
--
elaborate bytes AG
Riedstrasse 7
6330 Cham
Switzerland

I guess that's the only way I was getting an answer!! :agree: LOL

Thank you for your e-mail.

When you cancel the reading process you don't damage your hard drive. But you
damage your DVD blank when you stop the writing process. A writing process
cannot be cancelled, it has to be done without interruption.

Best regards,

Peter Nord
elby Support
--
elaborate bytes AG
Riedstrasse 7
6330 Cham
Switzerland

I guess that's the only way I was getting an answer!! :agree: LOL

hmm, just wondering how Peter Nord can be working for elby and Slysoft Support at the same time. :D

I always wanted to be at two places at once! How do you do that, Peter? ;)

Back