• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

write error - robin Hood

rascal8

I am new to the forum. I'm not sure how to write this so here goes...

after ripping the movie "Robin Hood" (with the trail version - I have since purchased AnyDvD - HD) I received a write error when I was burning the movie to disc (DVD + r DL).

Is there something at fault, and if so on what end ? Any help would be appricated

Thanks

AnyDVD does not write, so it can't be an AnyDVD issue. The AnyDVD HD forum is for Blu-Rays. Do you want to burn a Blu-Ray or DVD?

Remember, always read the FAQs and always post an AnyDVD LOG file.

burning DVD

Thanks Mike for the reply.... I was trying to burn a DVD.. Are write errors part of the CSS protection protocal ? I tried several different brands of DVD same result.

Thanks

Burn errors can for a big part be blamed to crappy blank media. Whats the brand you're using ?

Write error Robin Hood

I was using verbatim DVD's. I defragged my HHD and reburned it... it burned perfectly.

Thanks

In that case you're using a fine brand. Verbatim is one of the best. Since you defragged your drive a possible cause for the write error could have been that the files were scattered too thin across too many parts on your drive and the HDD couldnt supply the needed data fast enough to the burner resulting in a burn error. However i would expect that the buffer underrun protection on your burner would have been capable of handling such delays in data

You are correct the buffer over run protection should have prevented the error... but the HHD was horribly mangled. I know better than burn or do anything with a disfigured HHD. Thanks for the reminder ... take the time or pay the consequences. Thanks... Have a Happy New Year !

Back