• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Write Error DVD 10 11 W2

Dave J

Have been unable to burn dvd, get bad media withDVD 10 11 W2 error. Have read tried to follow similar posts and threads with fixes to no avail. Fixes tried:
1. removed InCd and similar programs including Nero 6 OEM
2. updated IDE ATA/ATPIControllers Intel8201BA Ultra ATA contoller
3. used ImgBurn to set dvd-rom
4. updated firmware External LG GSA-5163D DVD Rewriter from A103 to A105
5. used Maxell DVD-R and Verbatim DVD+R at 4x thru 16x burn speeds didn't burn. This media listed in LG manual to use
6. have MusicMatch Jukebox 8.2 followed thread for 10.0 conflict but didn't find MimBoot to remove value or "ShutDownMIM" to set to 1
7. uninstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and re-installed
Details:
AnyDvd 6.1.2.5 CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3
Dell 8200 P4 1.8 Ghz 768mb ram Windows XP sp2
No Disc is present in Drive F:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-5163D A105 000630052A53FG0323
No Disc is present in Drive D:!
_NEC DV-5800A 1.0C 03022000
upper filter: empty
lower filter: Elbay Delay AnyDVD PxHelp20 Afc Pfc MxlW2k (wasn't sure about deleting if would cause dysfuntion of other programs)

CloneDVD2 creates DVD files, approx 20min, then go to write existing files and begin to burn, usually comes up with huge time,60-100minutes, then says writing up to 13% before Write Error appears with message of bad media. The media I used is recommend in the LG manual.

Programs have nice features and will buy if can get to work, but is frustating bec have spent hours and discs trying to get it to run. Hope some one can help.

PxHelp20 Afc Pfc MxlW2k

Uninstall the associated software (until those 4 things are gone from lower filters):

pxhelp20 - Part of Sonic Burning engine, it's made by prassi/veritas and licensed to Sonic. Comes with Winamp, 1click DivxToDVD and (older versoins of) Digion Audio.

PFC - Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder.

MxlW2k - Part of MusicMatch

afc.sys (possibly malware)
from http://www.file.net/process/afc.sys.html
The process Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell belongs to the software Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell by Arcsoft, Inc.
Description: File Afc.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. The file size on Windows XP is 11776 bytes.
The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible. The service has no detailed description. Afc.sys is not a Windows core file. Afc.sys seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 38% dangerous.

1. I would take a hard look as to why afc.sys is even on my system.
2. I would then uninstall Musicmatch.
3. I doubt PFC or PXhelp20 are causing problems, but you can uninstall the associated programs until those entries disappear in lowerfilters, and try again.

Last edited:
Have been unable to burn dvd, get bad media withDVD 10 11 W2 error. Have read tried to follow similar posts and threads with fixes to no avail. Fixes tried:
1. removed InCd and similar programs including Nero 6 OEM
2. updated IDE ATA/ATPIControllers Intel8201BA Ultra ATA contoller
3. used ImgBurn to set dvd-rom
4. updated firmware External LG GSA-5163D DVD Rewriter from A103 to A105
5. used Maxell DVD-R and Verbatim DVD+R at 4x thru 16x burn speeds didn't burn. This media listed in LG manual to use
6. have MusicMatch Jukebox 8.2 followed thread for 10.0 conflict but didn't find MimBoot to remove value or "ShutDownMIM" to set to 1
7. uninstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and re-installed
Details:
AnyDvd 6.1.2.5 CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3
Dell 8200 P4 1.8 Ghz 768mb ram Windows XP sp2
No Disc is present in Drive F:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-5163D A105 000630052A53FG0323
No Disc is present in Drive D:!
_NEC DV-5800A 1.0C 03022000
upper filter: empty
lower filter: Elbay Delay AnyDVD PxHelp20 Afc Pfc MxlW2k (wasn't sure about deleting if would cause dysfuntion of other programs)

CloneDVD2 creates DVD files, approx 20min, then go to write existing files and begin to burn, usually comes up with huge time,60-100minutes, then says writing up to 13% before Write Error appears with message of bad media. The media I used is recommend in the LG manual.

Programs have nice features and will buy if can get to work, but is frustating bec have spent hours and discs trying to get it to run. Hope some one can help.

How is the External LG connected? Firewire (IEEE1394) or USB?

update

USB connection
Uninstalled MusicMatch Jukebox, Arcsoft (came with camera) and all forms of Nero.Unsure of source of PxHelp 20 and Pfc, so deleted all lower filters and re-installed AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.
CloneDVD2 worked and am able to burn at 16x speed on both Maxell DVD-R and Verbatim DVD+R. Program works fast and like deleting unwanted trailers.
Now must decide if can live without MusicMatch and Nero. Have 60GB of music and need some program to manage library, rip and burn, that won't interfere with CloneDVD2.

THANKS Webslinger and fellow Threaddies for your help, much appreciated

Dave

PS
If have other ideas of music programs that are compatible please post.

Now must decide if can live without MusicMatch and Nero. Have 60GB of music and need some program to manage library, rip and burn, that won't interfere with CloneDVD2.

Nero should work with Clonedvd2 without issue. Just ensure Incd isn't installed. I have Nero 7.7.5.1 on my system.

The best audio cd ripper is freeware and found at exactaudiocopy.de (if you want to ensure accurate results).

I am of the opinion that your problem was either caused by Musicmatch or arcsoft--and not Nero. I would probably lean towards Musicmatch.

Anyway, I'm glad your problem is solved.

Last edited:
Back