• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Works Great - Can't Play disney UP

WebHorseDesign

I'm running into a weird problem. I now have several DVDs that Any DVD powers through and Clone DVD has no problem burning to dvd but they won't play. The memorex dvd disks I'm using are 16x so I'm burning at 12x and getting rid of all subtitles, extra languages, etc.

The two disks that I can use as examples are UP by Pixar a division of Disney and The Holiday.

Here's the AnyDVD data:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 7.1.6.0, BDPHash.bin 13-03-04-A)
HP DVD-RAM GH40L RB0A & 00052609930CF00819
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1528688 sectors (2985 MBytes)
Total size: 2777824 sectors (5425 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: UP_US_RENTAL
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 29 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

CloneDvd records nothing, just looks like a clean burn.

Help!

I now have several DVDs that Any DVD powers through and Clone DVD has no problem burning to dvd but they won't play. The memorex dvd disks I'm using are 16x so I'm burning at 12x and getting rid of all subtitles, extra languages, etc.

...then it's not an AnyDVD issue, moving thread.

Video DVD (or CD) label: UP_US_RENTAL

good luck with that.

CloneDvd records nothing, just looks like a clean burn.

Help!

I think it may be media which is issue over here. Memorex is junk media after all.

@ op, create a copy on hard drive and play that on computer and see if it works.

I think it may be media which is issue over here. Memorex is junk media after all.

@ op, create a copy on hard drive and play that on computer and see if it works.

A different issue: I used to use Memorex blanks and they never failed to play back fine on the computer I burned them on using the same drive. It was with a different computer/drive or a standalone player that the low quality nature showed up.

Memorex used to be a fair quality blank, but QA has definitely gone down hill. A disc might play fine for a time, but a couple months after the burn a backup starts having degradation problems on playback.

Cheap, and Memorex is cheap, ended up costing me a lot of money from having to rerip and reburn. Now I use only Verbatim DatalifePlus and I haven't regretted the cost increase at all.

drats on the media problem.

..Memorex used to be a fair quality blank, but QA has definitely gone down hill. A disc might play fine for a time, but a couple months after the burn a backup starts having degradation problems on playback.

Cheap, and Memorex is cheap, ended up costing me a lot of money from having to rerip and reburn. Now I use only Verbatim DatalifePlus and I haven't regretted the cost increase at all.

Well, drats on the media problem. I used to _only_ memorex due to quality problems with other types of media. Looks like my spool is useless.

I will try to burn to my hard drive and see if I can play.

ps. "he" who should try the defaults is a "she" and she did.

Well, the iso I created from the disc plays fine. So, this means that the media I used was junk? If so, what should I be using for dvd burning, any recommendations?

Well, the iso I created from the disc plays fine. So, this means that the media I used was junk? If so, what should I be using for dvd burning, any recommendations?

It's likely to be your burner is failing - in which case only IT can read its own (off center) burns (if lucky).
Memorex might be "junk media" but that's usually in terms of "longevity".

-W

Back