• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Workarounds for failed clones

Mumei

I am trying to rip an ISO backup of one of my DVDs with CloneDVD (and AnyDVD HD). As far as I can tell the disc plays fine on actual Blu-ray players. However, about 98% of the way through the rip fails, even after multiple tries. I have tried cleaning the disc but to not difference.

Is there any way to rip the ISO and just substitute / blank data for any failed sectors rather than failing entirely? So as long as it remains playable, I am fine with a little imperfection.

When you use CloneDVD, do you Clone the whole DVD or only selective?
If the damaged data is in an unimportant area, you could try to deselect material that you do not need in CloneDVD.

Alternatively, try AnyDVD and CloneCD to clone the DVD to ISO with the defective sectors.

When you use CloneDVD, do you Clone the whole DVD or only selective?
If the damaged data is in an unimportant area, you could try to deselect material that you do not need in CloneDVD.

Alternatively, try AnyDVD and CloneCD to clone the DVD to ISO with the defective sectors.

> When you use CloneDVD, do you Clone the whole DVD or only selective?

I am trying to do a full ISO clone.
The intention is to create a backup of the DVD.
Previously I have lost a number of older discs, presumably due to bit rot.

> If the damaged data is in an unimportant area, you could try to deselect material that you do not need in CloneDVD.

The error log indicate the sector numbers, but I am having difficulty correlating that to any specific tracks. I suppose with enough trial and error it may work. However, I was hoping to not omit any tracks as it seems to play fine as far as I can tell. If there are any short bad sectors I was hoping to just replace it with dummy data (perhaps a black or white screen / no sound) and retain the rest of the track. I guess there is no such option available?

The error log indicate the sector numbers, but I am having difficulty correlating that to any specific tracks. I suppose with enough trial and error it may work. However, I was hoping to not omit any tracks as it seems to play fine as far as I can tell. If there are any short bad sectors I was hoping to just replace it with dummy data (perhaps a black or white screen / no sound) and retain the rest of the track. I guess there is no such option available?
Do you have the exact error message?

Best is, if you could attach a CloneDVD log.

Back