• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

won't read original

tcj317

I have just purchased a new NEC dvd±R writer. I originally had an HP Lightscribe 1040d that crapped out on me. I replaced the burner and now my computer, much less AnyDVD, won't recognize an original movie in the NEC. Can someone help? Is it the new burner? Maybe something within my computer? The reason that I had to replace the HP burner was because it failed to recognize any blank disc other than HP brand. It would burn fine, but if I tried to put the copy in, the computer wouldn't recognize it. I tried locating a firmware update as instructed but found that HP did not have one for that particular model. I was told it would be easier to just buy a new burner. Please help!!!!

Are your connecting cables (SATA/PATA) cables good and connected properly? Is the drive jumpered properly..... CS (Cable Select) is preferable.
Does the drive show in Device manager?
Would the copies made with the HP play in another PC or a home player?

Yes, my cables are good. I had the drive jumpered to cable select initially, but it would not recognize the drive at all. I switch to Master and it finally recognized that I had a new drive then. Yes, the HP's play fine in everything. I have now bought a second new burner and when I hooked this one up it was perfection without doing anything any differently. I know now it's not my computer so it has to be the burner itself. Although I have fixed my problem with a new burner, I'm still confused about the problem I had. I can return the NEC since I just purchased, but am still wondering what would cause the problem.

If the new drive is recognized/works properly, the old drive is not recognized/doesn't work....I would have to assume the NEC is defective.
I am confused about why the drive wouldn't work jumpered CS?

Back