• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WMC acts like it's stuck in 24p after Video playback...sometimes

Markolc81

I have one nagging issue left on my HTPC. I use 7MC, MediaBrowser, and MPC-HC for video playback. I have ReClock set to auto-change the refresh rate from 59hz to 23hz depending on which file it plays, and after I exit MPC-HC, ReClock automatically sets the resolution back to 59hz. This part of the HTPC works flawlessly

However, about 60% of the time, after I exit out of MPC-HC and the rate changes from 23hz back to 59hz, Mediabrowser and WMC are very laggy, like the refresh rate is still set at 23hz and not 59hz. A way to fix this is to play a movie again for a brief moment and then exit out and see if WMC is running smooth again. This can take a few tries! Another guaranteed fix is to minimize WMC and maximize it again. This will make it smooth as butter again, however, I can only do this with a mouse/kbd. The problem is I only control this HTPC with IR and rarely do I drag a mouse/kbd into the living room.

The big issue is when WMC is in this stuttery mode, I cannot watch Live or Recorded TV. It plays at about 10fps. I have to reboot the HTPC or start/restart MPC-HC a few times to get WMC acting right just so I can go watch Live TV.

Is there any insight you guys can provide? It's kinda driving me crazy, especially the Wife!

Back