• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Wish] AnyDVD Ripper Finish-Sound

Svartsyn

Hello SlySoft-Team,

is it possible, that AnyDVD Ripper can play a mp3 or some internal sound-file after it finished ripping? That would be great to get a hearable notice from AnyDVD that the Rip is done.

Just as a suggestion for you guys :)

regards

Nice touch like DVD Decrypter and Imgburn does, but the problem is with us people who only have a dial-up connection the download file size is bigger and takes longer to download with music playing at the end.

:D

Nice touch like DVD Decrypter and Imgburn does, but the problem is with us people who only have a dial-up connection the download file size is bigger and takes longer to download with music playing at the end.

:D
come on, this would be only some few KB more in setup. :eek:

@Slysoft
any chance to implement this in the future? that would be much appreciated.

regards

AnyDVD is not a ripper. If you want the comfort of a copying/ripping tool with advanced options, just use software that is designed for this purpose. :agree:

Last edited:
AnyDVD is not a ripper. If you want the comfort of a copying/ripping tool with advanced options, just use software that is designed for this purpose. :agree:

I second that. Just use ImageBurn. It's free and it rips faster (because it's made for that).

and why does AnyDVD have an integrated DVD-Ripper? Still no ripper?! I doubt that.

I second that. Just use ImageBurn. It's free and it rips faster (because it's made for that).
It's ImgBurn. But thanks, I will test it.

Mhhh, still no Moderator-reply :(

ImgBurn is quite good, but you cannot rip the dvd to files. Only rip it to an imagefile like .iso .
Btw, ImgBurn has some problems with AnyDVD, look at this:
AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

Is it really so hard to implement a single "Finished"-audio-file within AnyDVD :confused:
At least a short statement from Slysoft would be good..
I am just tired for asking, over and over again.

Why does a Moderator need to reply? The decision to add this or not is entirely up to the developers.

Then stop asking, you can use any other program to rip with as long as AnyDVD is running in the background, just choose something else that makes a noise when finished.
BTW the ripper was put in for Blu-ray/ HD DVD purposes not for DVD

lol, short and to the point reply :p .. i like it !

ok, as for audio when it's finished, i like a notification thing yes, but i dont want scaring stupid by some loud audio file playing when it's done (it'll probbaly only wake me up lol)

but, an option in the setup to point to a file of your choice, such as a simple wav file would not increase download size and allow those that want to use an audio alert the option and those that dont can just leave it blank ;)

Any yes i have noticed this warning in imgburn as well :( ... i also screwed up a set of files the other day using the 2 combined, i accidentally left AnyDVD set to skip adverts etc and go directly to the main menu, when i was creating an ISO file using imgburn and a custom encode file set... result, "play all" option in the menu now only plays the first title ... oops !

@svartsyn & slinky

Look at this from a business viewpoint.

Not all customers of Slysoft are going to want to listen to the same wave file playing at the end of AnyDVD HD.

Some of the potential Slysoft customers would not purchase AnyDVD HD if they did not like the type of music in the wave file at the end.

Also not practical to put at least 100 different sounds of wave files (pick your choice) to be played at the end of AnyDVD HD, download file gets way too large and not good for dial-up connection on download time.

:agree:

huh ?

i have a folder already tucked aside on one of my hard drives with audio effects in it (but 99.9999% of pc's will have some form of audio files installed, due to office applications and standard windows files) .... this allows me to choose which i use in the apps that give me the choice.

the important thing there is the choice... i did NOT say add them at all, i said "an option in the setup to point to a file of your choice, such as a simple wav file would not increase download size" .... i was not wanting the files added to the setup, i simply sugggested a setting to play audio for those that want it, and if they do then they can supply their own wav file !!

Well since James' reply was to use CloneDVD I'd take that as a message that he's in no hurry to implement it as he tends to say if he's in the process of adding something

Considering James didn't reply to now pretty much sums up where adding this feature falls on the list of things to worry about.

In terms of indicator sounds when software completes its purpose, I cannot stand most software that does this especially when the author hard codes the sound into the program. CloneDVD let's us change the audio, thankfully. I changed the sounds to ding.wav. I've done the same with the sounds in Windows Live Messenger for new messages. I can handle a ding but I cannot deal with obnoxious sounds.

All in all, the AnyDVD ripper was never intended to even exist and was added as a workaround solution for DVD Shrink users. Since it already existed in the program it was extended to be useful for AnyDVD HD users in ripping their HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs so that all they had to do was mount and play after Corel and Cyberlink stopped playback from folders.

Just because the AnyDVD ripper exists doesn't mean it's going be turned into a full-featured part of the product. It serves a purpose and does it well but it is not intended to replace CloneDVD or CloneBD whenever that gets released. Expecting bells and whistles to be added to the AnyDVD ripper is simply unrealistic.

People are more than free to ask for the addition of features but when no Moderator or Developer replies even after a thread is bumped a number of times then it's pretty much a given that it isn't considered important. I'm just being realistic. This isn't to say that all requests for an addition won't be added but a reply isn't always necessary.

Last edited:
I'm afraid svartsyn & slinky are right. What does it matter if it's a ripper or not?!? Pointing to an audio alert is something I wished AnyDVD has had for a long time. It should NOT be a considerable size change to the software and is a choice that makes the software that much more flexible. From a "business" standpoint, it makes sense to listen to the users that want the option. The option does exist in CLONE CD, why not this module as well? For those who don't want to use it, the answer is trivial; "Just say 'NO'.":disagree:

BTW, love this package and suggest it to everyone I talk to and tell them to purchase ASAP!:D

Just write a little script, for example AutoHotKey:

Code:
;Exit is AnyDVD Ripper Not Active
IfWinNotExist,AnyDVD Ripper
{
	msgbox AnyDVD Ripper Not Active
	Exitapp
}
;Wait until the user presses 'Copy DVD'
WinWait,,&Abort
;Wait until the end
WinWait,,&Close