• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

windows XP mode is not working

Tridis

I’ve tried VDM on 6, widows 7 pro 64 bit versions in the virtual XP mode, and it will not work on any of them. I tried several things, I’m using clone CD because I was wanting to image all my files on to an external hard drive and Install them from that. It seems to mount the image just fine but when I go to open it, It says "Windows cannot read from this disk, The disk mite be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows"

I would like to add, I tried 27 different CDs I imaged, tested them on a regular XP machine and it work fine. I also could not mount regular ISO files on XP virtual machine either. So 7 machines, running virtual XP mode. 27 different image files, including ISO and IMG files.

My question is, is there a work around to get this working, it would be quite handy not carrying around a big folder of CDs every time I need a PLC or Servo drive program.

FYI, I love clone CD.

I’ve tried VDM on 6, widows 7 pro 64 bit versions in the virtual XP mode, and it will not work on any of them. I tried several things, I’m using clone CD because I was wanting to image all my files on to an external hard drive and Install them from that. It seems to mount the image just fine but when I go to open it, It says "Windows cannot read from this disk, The disk mite be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows"

I would like to add, I tried 27 different CDs I imaged, tested them on a regular XP machine and it work fine. I also could not mount regular ISO files on XP virtual machine either. So 7 machines, running virtual XP mode. 27 different image files, including ISO and IMG files.

My question is, is there a work around to get this working, it would be quite handy not carrying around a big folder of CDs every time I need a PLC or Servo drive program.

FYI, I love clone CD.
In some CPUs " Virualization has to be enabled in the BIOS. ;)

Virualization is on, on all the machines, it will run on windows 7 fine, but not when in virtural mode. It give me the errors. When you install the XP mode for windows 7 you have to turn the bios on Virualization mode. It will not install if you dont. So still have the issues after I checked that.

Virualization is on, on all the machines, it will run on windows 7 fine, but not when in virtural mode. It give me the errors. When you install the XP mode for windows 7 you have to turn the bios on Virualization mode. It will not install if you dont. So still have the issues after I checked that.

Have you run the Windows 7 compatibility test? Just guessing now.;)

same

yes, I did find that on windows 7 I can not mount CloneCD files, but I can mount the visual studio 8 ISO. So I made an ISO with nero and found out it will not mount correctly either. Has the same issues. After trying things on 3 diffent systems, I had to take a break. I was hoping I could mount the image in 7 then access the clone drive in XP mode. I cant get the cloneCD files to mount either.

got it

I found I have to image all the data CDs and DvDs from windows 7. I made all the other CCDs from xp mode, and clone CD will not even burn them correctly. Once I imaged them with windows 7 they work fine under widows 7, now I just mount the image under 7 and open it in XP mode for install.

Thanks for your help though. Is there any driver to make things compatible with older images?

Back