• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Lockup when trying to create a new Profile in 3.0.1.0

I will contact you via PM with info on a debug version to run.

Tried the latest beta, still freezing :( Wonder what is wrong with my setup...

YaZMatZ has sent the debug log and we can see the issue. We will make some changes for v3.0.2.0 and see how this goes ;)

In the meantime can you try changing a registry value
Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal" change value "File Buffer Mode" from "511" to "447" and try again.

Sorry, doesn't seem to make a difference. Tried without and with a reboot, still windows lock-up.

Sorry, doesn't seem to make a difference. Tried without and with a reboot, still windows lock-up.

Thanks. Could you send me a new "debug.log" file (make sure you delete the existing one first)?

Thanks. Could you send me a new "debug.log" file (make sure you delete the existing one first)?

FYI - You could try setting this value to "0" also... but do this after sending the report.

FYI - You could try setting this value to "0" also... but do this after sending the report.

Tried with 447 and 0. No improvement. Logs are in the mail.

I tried it on my new Macbook in bootcamp. Installed Bitdefender there as well. Guess what, it locks up. So i am pretty sure the lockup is caused in conjunction with Bitdefender, as the Macbook is using totally different hardware than my desktop... Installing Bitdefender might help in analyzing the problem...

Yes... I think there is something odd happening here. Looking over the log files from YaZMatZ reviled some strange things happening. Although we have tested GJ with Bitdefender installed (and all was ok)... we need to do more testing.

At this stage we are trying to get beta v3.0.2.0 out the door before pursuing this further as v3.0.2.0 drivers have under gone some major changes.

Yes... I think there is something odd happening here. Looking over the log files from YaZMatZ reviled some strange things happening. Although we have tested GJ with Bitdefender installed (and all was ok)... we need to do more testing.

At this stage we are trying to get beta v3.0.2.0 out the door before pursuing this further as v3.0.2.0 drivers have under gone some major changes.
3.0.2 on my bewitched machine: still the same... Uninstall + cleanup registry + files. Lockup of windows when cd is put in drive. Matthew, you saw strange things in my debug log... Maybe this is somewhat special on my machine: the disk system is a stripe set of 2 sata disks on a early VIA raid chip. It emulates a SCSI device. The CDROM however is not on the SATA controller - it's a plain ATA. BTW if I recall well, the early 3.X series worked on this machine, the 2.8 too, but I didn't keep a copy. I have not yet installed XP SP3 - would you think it could interfere? Shall I install it?

Last edited:
Well am pretty sure it is Bitdefender and not the machine specifics as i tried on two totally different machines and the only thing they had in common was bitdefender. I'll try 3.0.2 tonight and post a logfile, maybe this helps in debugging.

Kork

3.0.2 on my bewitched machine: still the same... Uninstall + cleanup registry + files. Lockup of windows when cd is put in drive. Matthew, you saw strange things in my debug log... Maybe this is somewhat special on my machine: the disk system is a stripe set of 2 sata disks on a early VIA raid chip. It emulates a SCSI device. The CDROM however is not on the SATA controller - it's a plain ATA. BTW if I recall well, the early 3.X series worked on this machine, the 2.8 too, but I didn't keep a copy. I have not yet installed XP SP3 - would you think it could interfere? Shall I install it?

I tested 3.0.2.2 (with driver 3.0.1.6). Still complete lockup of O/S. I'll mail the debug log asap.

Did you manage to run the tests (and new driver) I PM'd you?

Back