• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 8 Release Preview Can't Register

meoge

I just installed Windows 8 Release Preview. AnyDVD HD installed and runs fine, but when I double click on my registration file it says it failed. I don't actually see the registry key that it's looking to add. Maybe Windows 8 does things differently in the registry. Has anyone been able to register on Windows 8?

Admin setting?

This looks like user account control assuming W8 has this too.
Make sure you have rebooted the machine after installing AnyDVD and make sure the key file is on the Desktop.

With the key file ANYDVD(hd)_KEY on the desktop please do this:
start > all programs > slysoft > anydvd
RIGHT CLICK register AnyDVD > select "Run as administrator"
Click the large Desktop icon to the left or locate the ANYDVD_KEY... file.

Click on the key file for anydvd(hd) once, then OPEN and you should then get the OK! message.

Reboot the machine to complete the registration.

That didn't work, but I ended up logging in as the built in administrator and then uninstalling and re installing. After a reboot I was able to run the registration program under the admin account and chose "Run as administrator" and it worked. It was a account control issue of some sort. Thanks for the help.

So it looks like Win 8 is continuing making UAC a pain. Oh, ick.

Yes, It is indeed the case. I did some internal testing and I am not happy with what microsoft has done.

Microsoft would be severely stupid if they didn't add the option to disable that tile interface.

They are stupid, originally the code was still in there for the old interface and you could just change a few registry key, but for the preview release they removed the code completely for the old interface, but from what I've heard someone has re-written it so you can download it and have the old interface if you want.
From what I've seen of it so far I see no advantage over Win 7, especially from a business point of view, it seems they've just gone gimmicky to match the look on the phone version, so unless they've put something in that's of extra use we're probably going to recommend skipping this version and sticking with 7

Adbear, sounds like Win 8 is gonna be Son of Vista, Part II. Double and Triple Ick.

I had no issues with Vista or Win 7, but the fact that they appear to be forcing you into having the crappy tablet interface is what I object too, it's not practical for those who've used the same interface for many years to totally remove the old one when it works just as well, and to be honest looks better

Is it me or isn't this part of the thread related to slysoft purchases and license and not Windows 8 software???? Wouldn't it be better moved to General Chat instead......?

I just installed Windows 8 Release Preview. AnyDVD HD installed and runs fine, but when I double click on my registration file it says it failed. I don't actually see the registry key that it's looking to add. Maybe Windows 8 does things differently in the registry. Has anyone been able to register on Windows 8?

No problems here on Windows 8 whatsoever, and I have UAC turned off. Registration and functionality have no issues whatsoever.

I had no issues with Vista or Win 7, but the fact that they appear to be forcing you into having the crappy tablet interface is what I object too, it's not practical for those who've used the same interface for many years to totally remove the old one when it works just as well, and to be honest looks better

yes, I am fed up with my existing buggy Windows XP Os...after keeping it on for few days, it acts like a piece of brick...nothing works properly....i have to reboot....

Back