• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 8 and HD-DVD playback ?

StPatrick

Hi All,

I have just move on to windows 8 and my 2 HD-DVD software ( PowerDVD 7.3 and Nero 8 ) don't play with it nicely. I do have Anydvd HD, but it is not helping with the problem. I try a trial copy of Totalmedia 5.3 and it does work with window 8. The problem is I can't seem to be able to buy it? And the newer versions of Totalmedia 6, 6.5 from what I can read does not support HD-DVD playback anymore? Does anyone know what works with windows 8?

I have Blu-Ray software and stand alone Blu-Ray players. So Please I do not need/want any info on ripping or moving to Blu-Ray, thanks. I just want to know how to play my HD-DVD movies collection on my computer with window 8 as the os.

An Update here

Thanks everyone for their input. I have try TMT 6.5 and it works well with windows 8 for HD-DVD playback. So happens newegg has this on sale ( download version only ) for $29.99. Its the cheapest I have ever seen this version go for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832675012

Last edited:
For software playback on the computer I use freeware XBMC. http://xbmc.org/

Playback from a source or backup disk or from the hard drive,(think it was BDMV folder) standard definition or Blu-ray and almost sure playback using Windows 8 operating system. Windows 7 playback works so Windows 8 should also work.:)

And, the really great part is NO CINAVIA.

If you are talking about playback on no longer made HD-DVD movies, there are software programs out that can convert HD-DVD movies to Blu-ray movies. Not sure but Clown_BD might be able to do that, or Google search.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All,

I have just move on to windows 8 and my 2 HD-DVD software ( PowerDVD 7.3 and Nero 8 ) don't play with it nicely. I do have Anydvd HD, but it is not helping with the problem. I try a trial copy of Totalmedia 5.3 and it does work with window 8. The problem is I can't seem to be able to buy it? And the newer versions of Totalmedia 6, 6.5 from what I can read does not support HD-DVD playback anymore? Does anyone know what works with windows 8?

I have Blu-Ray software and stand alone Blu-Ray players. So Please I do not need/want any info on ripping or moving to Blu-Ray, thanks. I just want to know how to play my HD-DVD movies collection on my computer with window 8 as the os.
TMT 6.5 should work. You can try the demo version.

For software playback on the computer I use freeware XBMC. http://xbmc.org/

Playback from a source or backup disk or from the hard drive,(think it was BDMV folder) standard definition or Blu-ray and almost sure playback using Windows 8 operating system. Windows 7 playback works so Windows 8 should also work.:)

And, the really great part is NO CINAVIA.

If you are talking about playback on no longer made HD-DVD movies, there are software programs out that can convert HD-DVD movies to Blu-ray movies. Not sure but Clown_BD might be able to do that, or Google search.
Oh please....
Nobody cares about Cinavia on a PC, thanks to AnyDVD. Especially not with HD-DVDs.
And i wouldn't suggest converting to Blu-ray either, as this will be movie only. Meh.

Oh please....
Nobody cares about Cinavia on a PC, thanks to AnyDVD. Especially not with HD-DVDs.
And i wouldn't suggest converting to Blu-ray either, as this will be movie only. Meh.

I care about Cinavia on my computer, not ALL DVD fans have AnyDVD products loaded on their computers.
And, over 90% of my DVD collection is movie only, and I am sure there are DVD fans with 100% movie only backups.

Hi All,

An Update Here

I have try TMT 6.5 and it does work for HD-DVD playback!!!

Convert your HD-DVD to Blu-ray with Clown_BD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Convert your HD-DVD to Blu-ray with Clown_BD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Why? I have found an answer that lets me watch from my HD-DVD disc directly! I will start to worry about playback options when I switch over to 4,000k formats? HD-DVD and Blu-Ray came out the same time and are really about the same in quality still. well except for 3D and I do not care a hoot about that.

And since I have Anydvd HD I can play all my Blu Rays and keep up with all the update crap that comes with Blu-Ray format!!! In fact if it was not for the Blu-Ray always changing their encryption codes I would not need AnyDVD-HD? In the end I rather have less programs/apps on my system. So I have to say no to Clown_BD it really does nothing for me in the end, thanks.

Back