• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 pro and Game Jackal

kasmar45

Hi... This is my story and I am sticking to it! :) :)

I have been running the win7 RC since January. GJ ran fine and I never had any problems. The four games I use GJ to run are: Oblivion, RCT2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 2.

On Oct. 24th I received my pre-order of Win 7 Pro. I loaded it up and began reloading my data and programs. GJ got loaded last since I didn't have time for game playing while rebuilding my new Win 7 Pro system. Finally I loaded GJ. It loaded without incident. I began to rebuild my GJ profiles. I started with RCT2. IT WOULD NOT LOAD. I had all sorts of problems and they were never the same. The timing data was bad. The performance data was bad. The game kept asking me to restart using the original disk. Needless to say I was a little more than frustrated with this turn of events. Soo, I gave up with RCT 2 and tried to load The Sims 2. I got more of the same.. The profiles were not working and once again I was getting all sorts of errors..

Then a thought came into my head. I am also running the Beta version of McAfee. I thought to myself that maybe I should disable McAfee while I am creating my profiles. This version of McAfee cannot be disabled, al least I could find no way to do so. So, I went to services and disabled the McAfee service. I also stopped it from starting at boot time using 'msconfig'. I rebooted my system and once again attempted to create a GJ profile for RCT2. The profile created fine and worked the first time, as did the The Sims 2 and all my other profiles.

So,, if you are running win7 and McAfee, and are having problems creating GJ profiles, you should try disabling McAfee and see if things work better for you.

In my oppinion, using Mcafee is not a good idea for an antivirus solution. For a few reasons. I tried these guys (Vipre Antivirus by Sunbelt Software) and never looked back...

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/vipre/

US product which has free live US based support and an antivirus engine that is second to none. I've used a lot of antivirus programs encountering many problems but with this one, never any issues. I could go on, but I think you get the idea. 8)

Last edited:
Slysoft really needs to stamp the TURN OFF YOUR A/V A/S when making profiles message into their product.

Hi... This is my story and I am sticking to it! :) :)

I have been running the win7 RC since January. GJ ran fine and I never had any problems. The four games I use GJ to run are: Oblivion, RCT2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 2.

On Oct. 24th I received my pre-order of Win 7 Pro. I loaded it up and began reloading my data and programs. GJ got loaded last since I didn't have time for game playing while rebuilding my new Win 7 Pro system. Finally I loaded GJ. It loaded without incident. I began to rebuild my GJ profiles. I started with RCT2. IT WOULD NOT LOAD. I had all sorts of problems and they were never the same. The timing data was bad. The performance data was bad. The game kept asking me to restart using the original disk. Needless to say I was a little more than frustrated with this turn of events. Soo, I gave up with RCT 2 and tried to load The Sims 2. I got more of the same.. The profiles were not working and once again I was getting all sorts of errors..

Then a thought came into my head. I am also running the Beta version of McAfee. I thought to myself that maybe I should disable McAfee while I am creating my profiles. This version of McAfee cannot be disabled, al least I could find no way to do so. So, I went to services and disabled the McAfee service. I also stopped it from starting at boot time using 'msconfig'. I rebooted my system and once again attempted to create a GJ profile for RCT2. The profile created fine and worked the first time, as did the The Sims 2 and all my other profiles.

So,, if you are running win7 and McAfee, and are having problems creating GJ profiles, you should try disabling McAfee and see if things work better for you.

Interesting... and thanks for the info. There are a few AV products that really need to look at their "weighty" products. Most are far too heavy and resource hungry for normal use. As suggested here, I would be using a different AV product. On a few of our test machines we run Avira and have no problems at all.

Back