• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 Bluray Multiregion & HD DVD

Charlieboy

I am new to this forum and have had a brief search through past threads but can't quite see it covered.
I have a Sony VGX XL201 which I have upgraded with
3gb RAM
9400GT 1gb graphics
3x 1TB HDD

I am waiting for the following to arrive in the next few days
CPU E6700 core duo @ 2.66 ghz
Sony BC5600S Bluray ROM
xbox HD DVD drive.

All the upgrades bought very cheaply, but I think all of the hardware will be up to the job for HD. I have just upgraded from XP MCE to Windows 7 RC. All the drivers are now stable and everything is running as it should be.

I want to be able to watch region A & B blue rays, HD DVD's & all region DVD SD's. I also want to be able to RIP all of these to my HDD's. I have about 2,000 DVD, 400 HD DVD and about 250 Blu rays so ripping is going to be a long process. What I am not 100% sure about is the best software solution to do this with.

I was planning to use the following:
Slysoft AnyDVD HD
Cyberlink Power DVD 8 Ultra - I hear there were some hacks to make version 8 play HD DVD
Toshiba Driver for the Xbox drive

Not sure where to find the hack to allow me to play the HD DVD disks in Power DVD 8, as official HD DVD support was dropped after version 7.3 and it is impossible to buy a copy of 7.3 these days.
How well does AnyDVD HD work under windows 7?
I have no idea about ripping the HD media so does any one have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the tip on Arcsoft Total Media Theater 3. I have checked out the web site and it does not mention HD DVD in the spec. But one of the screen shots mentions HD DVD and BluRay. Can you confirm if it does support HD DVD as this was my reason for looking at Cbyerlink Powere DVD 8.

Back