• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 and HD DVD/Blu-Ray Playback

Vista Business was the Professional equivalent. I actually preferred that naming convention, as it implied that the extra features may be useful to businesses. I'm not sure why typical home users want Win 7 Professional (unless they have special needs for the extra Pro features).

Well, I guess XP mode is a feature some home users would want.
Pro has some very nice features, I ran pro XP for just a few upgrades.

Some featured you do not know you'll need them till they are gone. The stuff left out of vista that had been in XP was maddening.
Fax anyone?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/default.aspx

I think MS is trying to leave the stink of Vista behind them by going retro with the XP names

Vista Business was the Professional equivalent. I actually preferred that naming convention, as it implied that the extra features may be useful to businesses. I'm not sure why typical home users want Win 7 Professional (unless they have special needs for the extra Pro features).

Well, I guess XP mode is a feature some home users would want.

I agree Windows 7 Pro has some very useful features especially if you have a home network. Since I keep all my backups on a file server, it's very useful to be able to remote into the server to do maintenance, install software, etc. Because of that, i'm able to keep the server headless (no monitor, etc) and control everything from the clients.

My only gripe about Pro is that it doesn't come with Bitlocker. That is very useful to me as i keep a backup of all my data on an external drive and the ability to secure it through encryption is very appealing. Honestly, you could do this with Pro, but you would have to share the encryption key with everyone who tried to open the disk. With Bitlocker, you just enter the password and you're good.

To the point though, Win7 seems to play back Blu Ray much smoother on my PC. With XP, and to some extent, Vista, there was alot of hard drive thrashing when playing Blu Ray (not too much with Vista). However, it seems there is virtually none with Win7. Of course, time will tell as things get moved around how well performance will be in the long run. Right now though, things are very good.

I liked Vista and really thought it got a bad rap. Windows 7 is really turning out to be a winner for Microsoft from the get-go.

UPDATE:
Windows 7 64 bit fresh install.

Everything works well so far.

HD DVD play nicely with TMT 3, however I had problems with Start Trek disc 5. I didn't test this disc before the reformat and install.

AnyHD work great.
TMT 3 Works well, so far, not sure if the Trek thing is their problem or not.

Next up is installing the other programs like Clone disc and BD clown, Make MKV.

Back