• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wii Backup

winnipeger

I did not see or did not look in the correct spot but I was wondering can I back up my Wii disks so i don't ruin the originals.

No Slysoft or Elaborate Bytes software will facilitate the ripping of Wii games.

In order to do this you would need specific DVD readers such as a few LG models. Due to the fact that they have the abilities they do the prices people sell the drives for is inflated.

You will need specific software for ripping the original disc to create an ISO and then any software that burns ISO images can be used for burning the resulting backup.

You will also need to modify your Wii console. You always run the risk of bricking your console in the process of modding.

Personally, I don't recommend modding a console to do this but that's just my opinion.

One guide on making Wii backups is here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073.

I take ZERO responsibility if anyone does any of this and bricks their console.

No Slysoft or Elaborate Bytes software will facilitate the ripping of Wii games.

In order to do this you would need specific DVD readers such as a few LG models. Due to the fact that they have the abilities they do the prices people sell the drives for is inflated.

You will need specific software for ripping the original disc to create an ISO and then any software that burns ISO images can be used for burning the resulting backup.

You will also need to modify your Wii console. You always run the risk of bricking your console in the process of modding.

Personally, I don't recommend modding a console to do this but that's just my opinion.

One guide on making Wii backups is here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073.

I take ZERO responsibility if anyone does any of this and bricks their console.

I do not know if this 'old school' method would and still work...but in the past when I copied the PS2 games for my friends not only did they have to modify their PS2 but I had to use specific BLACK discs that were almost three times more expensive because of the amount of heat the disc had to take after you MODded a system to playback copied games. Usually a GOOD bit-by-bit copy program usually works because as long as the media can fit onto the EXACT media it is being copied from should not be a problem. Using the black discs also keeps the the system running a little cooler as well. Like I said before I have used NERO's track/sector-by-track/sector copy program before and I had no problems. 8)

Last edited:
Back