• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why would Clown BD convert Wav to W64

Mr Blu

Clown _BD gave me the message that it was converting a WAV file to W64. The original soundtrack was PCM. Why would it do this conversion, and does it have any significance for any uses?

IIRC, it does it because the WAV files often exceed 4GB which can cause failures in rebuilding the disc. W64 has 64 bit length information which insures that it is properly processed.

You should have posted this in the High Definition Software sub-forum, where ClownBD is discussed. This area is reserved for AnyDVD HD.

Clown _BD gave me the message that it was converting a WAV file to W64. The original soundtrack was PCM. Why would it do this conversion, and does it have any significance for any uses?

You'd have to contact the developer(s) of ClownBD for an exact reason why.

Simple answer: I'm sure there are valid, highly technical, reasons for the conversion that only matter to a tech wonk, not the average user of ClownBD.

Back