• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why won't they play?

68dodgeramman

I ripped a few DVDs to my external HD and they will only play using PowerDVD. They won't play with Windows MediaPlayer, QuickTime or DivX Player. They did play with the PowerDVD 30 day trial player. But now when I double click them they mount up with Virtual CloneDrive and then the PowerDVD registration comes up but I don't want to pay for another player so I'm wondering how to make my other players play them. Thanks.

I've got Windows XP with Windows Media Player 11.

By default XP didn't allow DVD playback in WMP. I believe you had to install a DVD decoder. I'm not sure if this would have been done when installing PowerDVD. It's been ages since I did a clean XP install and watched a DVD via WMP.

Let me clarify a few points here by asking a few questions. Are we talking about standard definition DVDs or HD-DVDs and BluRay discs? How exactly are you currently trying to play such discs? Can you play a disc from your optical drive or does the problem occur when trying to play from your HDD and optical drive?

I'm using standard definition DVDs and I just tried a DVD in the optical drive and it wouldn't play it. So it won't play from the optical drive or the HDD.

Back