• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why wont powerdvd 7 or 8 play back m2ts files with VC1 codec?

I am able to rip bd movies to my harddrive and remove all non essential parts etc.

If the video codec (shown in txmuxer etc), shows up as h264 the resulting m2ts file plays fine in powerdvd.

If however, the video codec is VC-1, I can only get the file to play if I remux the file to a BD dirsc and mount it.

Simply put, why can I play an m2ts/ts file with a vc-1 codec in pwerdvd?

I just fought this problem. Rip the BR disk to an ISO and it may work. It did for me. Playing a ripped BR file structure would play back with jerks (and I don't mean the people watching).

it depends on the spec of your system, I'm having to assume that the VC-1's play back jerky as you don't say what the problem is, if that's the case then you need to play it as a blu-ray structure so PDVD can off load onto the GPU

Yeah ripping the movie and making just that as an iso works and plays fine, I just wondered if there was a reason why I could not play it as an m2ts file.

Power DVD 8 does play it back albeit somewhat jerky, version 7 wont touch it.

If I turn off the hardware acceleration in PDVD 8 then the jerking stops.

Back