• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why reclock ?

ProTurbo

Sorry, I guess this have been discussed many times, but I haven't really found the answer I am looking for.
My HTPC together with my Samsung TV supports 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 50, 59 and 60Hz. Running 50Hz is perfect. No reclock is needed. No stuttering, no noticable audio deply. I use this in media center and LiveTV is perfect (in my opinion)

Changing to TMT5, Blu-ray, 23Hz gives me stuttering, with or without Reclock. The Samsung TV is a european TV with 100Hz support (not 120Hz). Haven't tried external Blu-ray player.

Why do I need Reclock, when both PC, movie and TV supports 23Hz ? Is it because of the difference between 23,976Hz (movie) and 23,967Hz (reported by reclock for graphics card)?

Where should I start tuning for no stuttering?

Setup:
Samsung LE55A966 (PAL, 100Hz)
Ati HD 4200 integrated graphics
S/PDIF output to receiver.
Fast enough HW.

why would you use 23?

setting 24 on my htpc gives almost perfect stutter free viewing. Reclock gives it the finishing touch

Many ATI cards list 23 which outputs 23.976Hz. The 24 option outputs 24.000Hz.

interesting, did not know that, thanks

edit : thought i would give it a go but the 23hz option has gone?

Last edited:
I have asked the same question that you have! I have a lg tv with exact the same refresh rate support. I have no stuttering with 50 Hz live tv or pal dvd in mce. But with powerdvd i got lots of stuttering playing bd dvd at 23.976hz without reclock!

My guess is that mce has built in functionally like reclock (or in the ms codec?), but powerdvd/TMT5 doesnt, this is just a guess!
Can anyone confirm this??

Last edited:
Back