• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why does GJ launch???

rhiggins

Some game profiles have worked successfully using Game Jackal.

However certain games do not work when using GJ, such as Lego Indiana Jones. :bang:

So basically I am forced to always insert the original disk. Not a huge problem but I would like to not have to swap discs when I need the drive for other data or resources.

So here is my problem/question:

I removed the GJ profile for Lego Indiana Jones, and all of the logging (i.e. profiler, summary...etc) but when I attempt to start the game by running it's executable then GJ for some unknown reason decides to start in the system tray and then I receive the attached message.

Attachments

• Profile does not exist.jpg
    Profile does not exist.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
I thought I had looked at the shortcut but I just found out that Game Jackal app did change the shortcut that was contained in the original LucasArts Program Folder.

I did not think that GJ modified other objects outside of the GJ application itself.

It doesn't change anything... I would guess that you may have used the "Convert to Game Jackal profile" option which would replace the icon.

Any icon converted with this feature is moved to "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Shortcut Restore"... simply move the icon from here back to it's original location.

FYI - You should also be able to right-click this icon and use the "Restore shortcut" option.

It is very possible that I used the Convert to Game Jackal option, that would explain it.

Thank you! :rock:

Back