• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why does AnyDVD get that "is unable to crack all css keys" message?

What's there more to explain? Bruteforce is a method to 'guess' the correct decryption key. Which is supposed and doesn't always work, hence the title of this topic. When the region is set, anydvd doesn't have to guess it and can do the normal method to obtain the decryption key.
What is the problem you are seeming to hint at with non CSS ptotected disks.

--
Brian G. (In the UK)

That's what the second sentence is about. Not all DVD's are protected by CSS encryption, that's only a small amount but in those cases even an unset region can't trigger the 'css keys' message. Cause css isn't present.

What's there more to explain? Bruteforce is a method to 'guess' the correct decryption key. Which is supposed and doesn't always work, hence the title of this topic. When the region is set, anydvd doesn't have to guess it and can do the normal method to obtain the decryption key.
So you're pointing out that for those disks where there was no problem the solution isn't solving the problem? I couldn't tell if you were trying to clarify something or correct something.

If there is no problem, how can there be a solution. For a solution to exist/work, there has to be a problem first. No clue what you're on about.

After setting my drive to region 1, I received a warning from AnyDVD when loading a region 2 disc that I should set my drive to match the disc's region, so setting the drive region is useful only for discs of that region, apparently, so I guess I'll need a separate drive for each region if I encounter problems.

Code.PNG

I have seen this message, but ignored it and didn't seem to have any problems.
If you need a match to a drive vis a vis the region code, can't one just recopy a DVD and set a new region code (or none?)
Seems easier than matching the drive...I once recopied several DVDs from Israel, and they all played fine once the region code was "changed", to none. And recopied to a new disc...
Of course, I have external drives that cost $20 so replacing one isn't a great hardship...both have worked for over a year ...

Yes, I exited AnyDVD before setting. I haven't noticed any playback problems from this error, though, so it probably doesn't matter.

There's no need to reboot after a drive region change. The effect of that is instant.

I had the same issue and AnyDVD was the culprit. I had to exit AnyDVD, then set the Region, then start AnyDVD.

Back