• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why do only Some ISO Rips Play in PWRDVD?

Av8r

I have quite a few of my BD's backep up onto my HDD's, and I'm going on a long trip, so I decided to copy some to my laptop and watch them with Power DVD9. Most viewed fine, but some said that they couldn't be seen on my virtual drive. All were ripped with anydvdhd and them compressed with BDrebuilder. I know there is an issue with unprotected iso's playing on some blue ray software, but most of my rips play ok.

That's purely down to PDVD, not sure what it looks for, but it might be worth looking at the disc structure inside the ISO and checking it has the full structure (including sub folder) PDVD seems to play back originals with missing blank folders but when it comes to copies it doesn't always play back if the folders are missing

Yes, I read thru most of your tutorial on that topic, but I'm having problems with almost all players. I can't believe how difficult this is. I'm just trying to put a few my movies on my Brother's netbook for a long flight he is taking. Using BDRebuilder, I compressed the movies to 4.3gb, but it's hard to get anything to play right. I know part of the problem is the lack of power on the netbook, but the biggest issue are the players. Is there any player out there that can play upprotected iso's without difficulty?

I'm using VSO which does an adequate job on my laptop when I travel, and it's even free which is nice, but it's far from perfect.

I have no issues with unprotected ISO's using TMT 5 or PDVD 11

I found older versions of PowerDVD would come up with a message like "unrecognised disc in drive" if the BDMV structure was missing an AUXDATA folder, even if it was empty.

I have a feeling there might have been other folders that PowerDVD wants to see, but check for a missing AUXDATA folder first.

If it is missing, rip the disc to folders, add an empty AUXDATA folder to the BDMV folder and convert back to ISO with Imgburn.

Back