• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why are we still in beta? Slow down and speed up problems ripping resolved

jbotwood

Hello,

CloneCD (+ AnyDVD) has worked perfectly for me for nearly 2 years on my current installation and hardware. For the last few weeks however CloneCD has started slowing down and speeding up repeatedly throughout each (dual layer) DVD rip extending rip times from the expected 10-15 minutes to around 35 minutes or more per dual layer DVD disk. Using the AnyDVD ripper works perfectly and runs my drive at the fastest speed all the way through. I have a riplocked drive

So today I've created an account here and tried out the (rather old) beta, and wow! It works great. I am (so far) restored to full ripping speeds and no more slowing down and speeding up all the way through the rip. I've tested 3 discs so far, can't be 100% sure at this stage but it does look like my problem's solved

So firstly I'd like to say this is great! Well done and all that, but secondly, why is the software still in beta? The last public release was over 5 years ago. This looks very much like a dead product with no development effort going into it. Even this beta is over 2 years old... OK... this software (after getting this beta) is certainly working for me, but without trying to be rude or anything, is this product dead in the water, or are you going at some point to officially update it for the masses? Do you actually intend to keep going with this?

Thanks, Jeff

Have no problems with CloneCD and AnyDVD HD...so unless you can provide some kinda log file your problem hasn't been reported much....so it would mean something in your setup is the cause of the problem not the software itself. Maybe restoring back to last working image and try again. I see where Windows update has corrupted CloneCD from working and the fix was to reimage back to working image and then that fixed the problem.

Have no problems with CloneCD and AnyDVD HD...so unless you can provide some kinda log file your problem hasn't been reported much....so it would mean something in your setup is the cause of the problem not the software itself. Maybe restoring back to last working image and try again. I see where Windows update has corrupted CloneCD from working and the fix was to reimage back to working image and then that fixed the problem.

Well yes I would agree that it's unlikely a real software fault, as the same version of CloneCD had been working fine until very recently. A reinstall of the old version over the top of the existing installation didn't fix it but installing the beta over the top did fix it - I did not try uninstalling then reinstalling the old version. So I can only conclude that something elsewhere in Windows or some internal configuration issue had affected the public release but not the beta release. As its working fine I'm not going to do any more investigation unless it goes wrong again

Last edited:
Back