• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Who Makes The Best Consumer BD/DVD Writer?

tabl10s

I've seen the LG Super Blue@$98 and another brand@$285. I've been told the slower write speed the better.

Last edited:
The Asus BW-12B1ST seems to get consistently good reviews (always a couple bad ones mixed in, but they mostly seem to be from those people who have chronic warranty replacement problems/etc. and are in a bad mood). I picked one up for $69.99 myself last week for my new 3770K build.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=62678&promoid=1018

The LG ones tend to be good, we've sold hundreds over the years with none ever being returned as faulty, just remember as with all writers don't exceed the stated speed of the discs when writing and use a good brand of discs

1. Fastest burn rate hardware Blu-ray burner you can find.
2. Don't go past the burn rate of the blank media disks.
3. Let Imgburn decide the burn rate of the blank media you use and they will be burn proof.
4. LG brand also worked good for me, still on my first LG and approximately 3 years old and still huming along.
5. Keep up with the firmware updates on your Blu-ray burner, and make sure your connection is SATA, which is the standard connection for today.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd disagree with number 3, Imgburn will burn them faster than the rated speed if the drive thinks it can burn that brand faster and sometimes they fail

I'd disagree with number 3, Imgburn will burn them faster than the rated speed if the drive thinks it can burn that brand faster and sometimes they fail

I would let LIGHTING UK know about that at his forum, he may want to look into that, but I have not had a problem like that.

It's nothing to do with Imgburn, it's the burner that gives the information that it can write the discs at a faster speed. I tend to write 100's of discs a month so I'm talking from experience that if you want better burns never burn faster than the discs rated speed

Two questions from a newbie..

1. Can anyone recommend a external BR writer. I have a company computer that I can not install hardware in.

2. I see references to ImgBurn being used...Is that for folks who have not bought Clone DVD2? I thought the combination of AnyDVD HD and Clone DVD2 were the perfect match?

I found the answers in other posts so disregard my questions. Thanks all.

I go for a constant velocity burn. With USB and an external drive, my max speed is 2X with an LG BE12LU30, and almost never have a bad burn or problems with playback on stand alones.

Imgburn has companion tools you can use for graphing the burn rates and CPU usage. If those graphs are clean and show a burn rate that is flat, you have a good burn. I always use verfication too for a data match.

But I agree with Adbear, I don't think Imgburn ever claimed to accurately judge maximum burn speeds specific to the recording conditions automatically and I never trusted that setting myself because I found that if you burn at a constant velocity, you will have the best success. The CV speed is usually limited by your hardware (e.g. the CPU power and memory and tasking and hardware connections etc) and not necessarily the potential maximum speed of the media or of the drive itself.

Last edited:
Back