• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which SlySoft software burns DirecTV DVR to DVD? What laptop should I buy?

jeffry

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

OK, Issue #1:

I recently subscribed to DirecTv. I have a HR24-200 HD DVR, and I would like to burn DVDs on a PC laptop. I have in mind that I'd like to burn all the NFL games that have filled it up completely, and not have to get another DVR just to do this. Will any SlySoft software do the trick? I sincerely hope to find someone already with such a setup. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I would greatly appreciate ANY solution.:agree:

Now for Issue #2:

I have Clone DVD, but my crappy Acer laptop with MatSHITa drive took a crap many moons ago, so I haven't used the software in some time.:bang: I don't think Clone DVD had this capacity, but previously I only ripped DVDs. I do have a Mirror Drive Door PowerMac G4, but as I remember, SlySoft software only runs on a PC. Is that right?:confused: Assuming it is, I'd like to purchase a new PC laptop in the near future. Again, does anyone already have a method of doing the aforementioned (see Issue #1), and, if so, what hardware components are you using? Or what would you suggest in terms of a new laptop?

BTW, my experience with CloneDVD has been great, and I would also welcome any suggestions/selling points for my new computer search, or whether anyone has used a Mac like mine in conjunction with Clone DVD.

Thanks again!

My only comment is that if you do a lot of burning you want to get a desktop with replaceable drives. Most laptop drives are crap.

-W

If you can figure it out, let me know... Have DirecTv for over 10 years and seems they have a proprietary format for the DVR recordings that can't be read by your PC.. Only way I've figured out how to save is to connect an external DVD recorder (mine is actually a DVD/VCR combo box) and run the DirecTv DVR through it.. When I want to save something to DVD, I have a blank DVD in the recorder, play the program from the DVR and hit the pause on the recorder every time a commercial comes up.. When I'm finally done, I have a DVD of the program playable in any player.. (of course if you don't mind commercials, you can just set it for the program length and let it go... stops recording at the time length you set.)

But as for getting to my computer, haven't figured that out in over 10 years yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

OK, Issue #1:

I recently subscribed to DirecTv. I have a HR24-200 HD DVR, and I would like to burn DVDs on a PC laptop. I have in mind that I'd like to burn all the NFL games that have filled it up completely, and not have to get another DVR just to do this.
Thanks again!

Back