• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which Slysoft product should I use to burn Audio CD fron DVD

Vinnster

I am still learning so forgive me if I ask a question that may be in the FAQ...I did look, but was unable to determine.

I have a large number of DVD Concerts. I am still in the trial period with AnyDVD and CloneDVD, so I am new to them. My wife asked if it is possible to burn an audio CD to play in the car from the concert DVD.

Where I am confused is the CloneCD information says:

Since the release of 5.0, CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also most DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. The movies are copied 1:1 and therefore not modified (compressed).

Is the above statement saying it can copy DVD formats to a CD as long as there is adequate space? Or is it only referring to the audio portion of the DVD that can be burned to a CD.

Bottom line...I am confused and need some guidance to the correct FAQ or tutorial so I can educate myself a bit more.

Thanks.

Are you talking about discs that are original DVD Audio discs are DVD Video discs?

If the disc is a DVD Video then you'll need AnyDVD to remove the protections like CSS, region coding, etc, but you'll also need a third-party product to only extract the audio from the disc. I use DVD Audio Extractor from Computer Application Studio for doing this and I would rip to .WAV files and then use a burning software that can create audio CDs from .WAV files.

If you are referring to DVD Audio discs then that's another story and AnyDVD doesn't do anything with reference to DVD Audio discs.

CloneCD will only output what you input so whatever the disc started as is what the result will be. You can't convert using CloneCD.

Thanks for the information. You clarified what I need to do.

I am stating off with a DVD of a concert and I want to create an audio CD to play in my wife's car, so your advise to use AnyDVD to remove the protection from the DVD and then use Audio Extractor to burn the CD seem the way to go.

Thank you.

Thanks for the information. You clarified what I need to do.

I am stating off with a DVD of a concert and I want to create an audio CD to play in my wife's car, so your advise to use AnyDVD to remove the protection from the DVD and then use Audio Extractor to burn the CD seem the way to go.

Thank you.

Yes, you'll need to use AnyDVD in order to be able to extract the audio in the first place. Audio Extractor only extracts the audio. You'll still need to use something like Nero to burn an Audio CD from the resulting files.

Glad to help. :)

Back