• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which PSP to choose?

fillossofer

I am having the same problem. After nine hours of processing to my PSP the file cannot be played. I too have a new PSP-2001 (slim) and selected the 720x480 option, as I have the latest firmware installed on my device.

How is someone supposed to know "where they want to copy today" when there are six PSP options? I chose one I thought would work, then waited nine hours to figure out that it didn't.

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD and am very happy with both. Please help me figure this out so I can use CloneDVD Mobile for my PSP.

Dude it took nine hours for one movie...It take about 45 to 55 min when I use DVD mobile..what I use is the PSP MPEG4 Firmware Version 2.6. Save it in any folder on your computer, yes you can do that...after it has finished just sync you PSP open the duo card and drag the movie to it...make sure you have a Video folder on your card. No you don't have to put the movie in the root folder. Let me know if this works for you...but nine hours..that's not right...

Ya, I think the longest it has ever taken me to burn a DVD was like an hour an 10 min or something.... I would say if it really did take you that long there might be something wrong with your computer. You should also Format the mem on your PSP.

yeah Fill is right. It usually takes about 3 to 4 hours to convert to PSP from DVD and my computer is brand new so it may or may not be Fill's computer. Hard to say. Anyways I just reconvert the mp4 to mp4 avc using PSP Video 9. Works perfectly accept for Clone DVD Mobile's audio sync problem.

Last edited:
For whatever reason CloneDVD mobile has always seemed to be completely hit or miss for the PSP at the 720x480 settings.

Compounding the problem is that yahoos always love to post to PSP threads that 720x480 exceeds the max resolution that PSPs can display without homebrew. This is true. The max native resolution is 480x272, sure. However, you need to keep in mind that PSPs after the 1001 can play directly to a TV requiring only a $20 cable. If you have a 35"+ TV you are not going to want to watch 480x272 on it...

Most of us watch our movies on more than one platform. The PSP 720x480 is a perfect compromise between what you can watch on your PSP, computer, laptop, or home TV (from your PSP).

That being said for whatever reason the PSP 720x480 choice has always been hit or miss.

Chronically movies have audio only, and no video. Just a black screen.

Then for whatever reason, one pass will finally work. Go figure.

It takes a LOT longer to go through the algorithm for 720x480, it can't even be compared to making a 480x272 file. For a longer movie, even with a powerful computer, nine hours isn't that unreasonable.

What's frustrating is that it sometimes takes five or six attempts to get something that isn't audio only, video black using CloneDVD for PSP on 720x480.

If you search the archives of the forum you'll find several different threads discussing it.

Until the problem gets identified and a fix put in, all you can do is keep trying. I've ripped for days on end without being able to get a movie to ever play.

They won't play on the computer or the PSP. Just black...with audio.

Hello FairUse User, I’m having very good results with CloneDVDmobile beta

1.5.0.2 at 720x480 on the PSP. I have a PSP2001 with unmodified Sony

firmware @ 4.05. I use the “720x480 AVC/H264 FW > 3.30” option. I use one

pass with the quality slider all the way up. The results are beautiful on the PSP and

just ok on the big screen. One thing I’ve noticed, if the DVD or HDD folder has

been compressed to DVD-5 before CloneDVDmobile the A/V sync is off by a lot

but if ripped to an HDD folder by AnyDVD or from the original DVD the sync is

good. This may not be definitive but the correlation is very strong after several

attempts.

Back