• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which method is better?

steviegt

Which method is better? Is it a preference thing or does one method make better quality DVD burns than the other? I have read the instructions for both using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, and, using AnyDVD and CloneCD. Did I waste my money buying AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and ClonCD?:D

I really want to know which method is better. I just want the best quality possible.

CloneCD as it doesn't compress a DVD so there is no quality loss. ClonDVD2 is a good choice as well if you just want movie only backups at times or if you want to remove certain adverts or FBI warning etc..... AnyDVD HD is only a decrypter not a burner.

I really want to know which method is better. I just want the best quality possible.

With respect to picture quality only, there is no difference if you use either program with Verbatim +R DL.

However, Clonecd can retain the original layer break position and also copy non-video material that may be on the original disc appearing as bonus features (wallpaper, games, etc.). Clonedvd will only backup video content.

Consequently, I prefer Clonecd when using Verbatim +R DL blank media (made in Singapore) or MAM+R DL 8x blank media: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327, and read fully

Last edited:
CloneCD and CloneDVD are two very different products.

CloneCD lets you make a complete backup and it works well. It creates as close to a 1:1 backup as is possible. It won't be 100% identical since you are removing protections and such but it is as close as it gets.

CloneDVD lets you transcode/compress to DVD-5. You can remove titles that you don't wish to have on your backup. You can remove unecessary audio streams, sub-titles, commentary, etc. In some cases removing the unnecessary audio streams and video titles allows you to fit an original DVD-9 onto a DVD-5 without any compression at all.

CloneDVD offers more power and versatility than CloneCD but whenever you transcode you will lose quality. That's an inherent downside to compressing a backup to fit on a single layer blank disc.

Personally, even when I make a DVD-9 (DL) backup I still use CloneDVD to rip and remove what I don't want and then burn it without compressing. I like a nice clean garbage-free backup.

So, the question posed was "Which method is better?" That really depends on what you want in a backup. :) It's very subjective. One thing is easy to say, however, and that is that both products are amazingly simple to use and much more complex than they appear.

Back