• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which format to use when I want to edit the file?

aslaksen

Hi,

I want to be able to trim my DVD. Windows Movie Maker does not input VOB files, so I need to copy my DVD to wmv or avi or something like that. I did not find any way to do that with CLoneDVD, but then I trealized that CloneDVD Mobile can do it. However, when I created an AVI file, I was not able to fast forward through it using Windows Media Player, so instead I tried WMV. The file seemed fine, and I was able to use Windows Movie Maker to cut away the parts I did not want. I get something that previews fine in WMW, but when I "publish" the movie, I get a file that hangs after a few minutes.

I realize that this could just as well be a problem with WMM or WMP, but I was wondering if anybody has any experiences with editing files created by CDM.

Thanks!

Helmer

I realize that this could just as well be a problem with WMM or WMP, but I was wondering if anybody has any experiences with editing files created by CDM.
windows movie maker is rubbish when it comes to handling large files-wmm hangs more often than not.
you need to use a different editing program-i use ulead video studio 10 and it has no problems editing files created with cdvdm.

Thanks for your recomendation. Ulead is a bit expensive, but I suppose it's worth it.

By the way, what file format do you use when converting with cdvdm? Avi or wmv?

Thanks!

Helmer

By the way, what file format do you use when converting with cdvdm? Avi or wmv?
neither.i use the apple ipod 5 generation profile.
but i know that cdvdm avi and wmv can be edited with ulead as i tested it before replying.

I just realized that Applian's Replay Media Splitter does this quite well. Unfortunately, it doesn't merge videos.

Helmer

Back