• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which Browser Should I Choose?

With the last couple of updates, new versions of Chrome are now installed to Program Files>Google>Chrome>Application.

If you see numerous number folders (e.g. 23.0.1271.97) inside the Application folder, you can safely delete all but the current one.

Previously, Chrome was installed to C>Documents & Settings>(USERNAME)>Local Settings>Application Data>Google>Chrome - if you're using the latest Chrome, you can safely delete everything in this folder except User Data.

Of course, you should back up your data first in case you encounter any problems ;)

Get Google Chrome here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

There's nothing in that previous folder, BUT User Data(1.4 gig) and an empty Crash folder. The new installed folder has the newest version, plus 3 earlier versions. I understand data is pulled in from other versions, when a new one is installed, but I've read mixed reviews of whether those earlier version folders can be deleted safely. since space is really not a big issue, I just leave them there, rather than screwing up something with Chrome, which I have very very stable now. Keeping the Cache clean is certainly a good idea, especially since Chrome loads pages very very fast, whether it uses the Cache or not. I love it, runs like a cheetah, and never crashes or hangs anymore.

I would recommend trying both (and maybe Opera and Safari as well) out to see which you feel more comfortable with and which works better on your system. If you don't want to clog up your computer by installing extra programs, you can always try portable versions of the various browsers.

Firefox, I believe, requires a little less resources, as Chrome treats each open tab as a separate browser, so Firefox maybe a better choice if you've got an older computer.

Another consideration would be on other devices you have. Chrome, for example, is Android (4.0+ at least)'s default browser. If you use Chrome on both your desktop and phone/tablet you can easily share opened tabs, bookmarks, etc between devices. Though you can also install Firefox and/or Opera onto your Android device & set up a similar sync as well. iOS, of course, uses Safari.

here's a site I ran into, that rates your browser. pretty interesting.
http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

my scores...

IE9 score (1244)
HTML5 Capabilities 3/7

Chrome 23 score (1984)
HTML5 Capabilities 6/7

IE9 64bit score (860)
HTML5 Capabilities 3/7

pretty much shows why Chrome is way way faster and more versatile than IE9.

Back