• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which Browser Should I Choose?

I really like Firefox, especially with ability to make it work more to my liking with addons.

I tried Google Chrome, and just like Google the Search Engine it stinks big time IMO. YMMV.

You couldn't pay me enough money to use Chrome.

Well, maybe you could, but it would be an obscene amount of tax-free money that would be required. ;)

Opera browser ain't too bad.

Give it a test spin.

:D

I'd certainly go with Opera (who doesn't like a fat lady singing) before I used Chrome, but FF still wins me over.

Sadly more and more "free" utility programs are trying to sneak in Chrome as part of the install process. You have to opt OUT to not get Google spy-ware, ummmm, Chrome. Major PITA, easy to do. Designed to get the average "just click and go" computer user. *UGH*

I happen to love Google Chrome, I pretty much use it all the time, sometimes switching back to IE9. Actually, with the IE Tab extension for Chrome, you don't even need to launch IE9, and it can simulate IE8 or 7, if you have them installed. It can be frustrating, until you figure out how to stabilize it. I had a bad problem with it, hanging and have to be restarted, and it does hog the resources a bit. Once I figured out which extension was causing the problem it runs very fast, very safe, and with the Ad Block extension, you never see an ad, even on a youtube video.

Being forced to add another browser, to internet explorer 8 for XP machines.

Which one to choose, Firefox or Google Chrome?:bang:

Knowing with O/S your using if XP that only goes to IE8 is the limit. That being said you might want to go Windows7 for better browser IE9 and FF12. I use both browser but alot depends on the site you go to some work with IE features and with FF you loose some web functionality. So I would use IE for work and site needing IE and works with IE and use FF on other sites that work for both IE and FF.

You couldn't pay me enough money to use Chrome.

Well, maybe you could, but it would be an obscene amount of tax-free money that would be required. ;)

I agree. Everyone seems to love Chrome and I've no idea why. I am allergic to all these devices and tablets and such that take control away from the user, and Chrome seems to be an attempt to do that with a browser. Maybe that sounds nutty, but when you put it next to something like Mozilla, at least to me it becomes apparent.

did ya look at the date of the article? it's over a year old and dates back to FF 5

found this very well written article, while searching for something else, that a die-hard Firefox user, found switching to Chrome was a GOOD idea.

http://perishablepress.com/switching-from-firefox-to-chrome/

Well written?!? It reads as nothing more than a quickly thrown together press release from a Google employee IMO, possibly someone working Chrome development.

Besides, as Ch3vr0n pointed out the opinion piece is over a year old, about version 5. A LOT has changed since V5 since the latest build for FF is 17.0.1.

oh well, like anything else, I guess it's a matter of taste. can't help but thinking, some of you despise Chrome on personal politics/bias of your own, whatever the issue. I used Netscape, as long as I possibly could, until that all ended, and never did followup with Firefox. I was just looking for a second browser, after having some issues with IE9, even though I do think it's probably Microsoft's best browser to date. After researching on my own, I decided to try Chrome, and never looked back. I'm convinced, despite the politics, that it is a superior browser and fun to play around with. yea, it could be better, but what browser couldn't? Chrome coming out with release after release automatically updating to the new version, forced Firefox to start reacting much faster with development. you can thank Google for that, whether you want to or not.

For the majority of the time, I use Firefox.

I also use Chrome, Opera and Safari from time to time.

All 4 are super fast loading pages and each have pro's and con's.

I ditched Internet Explorer quite a long time ago and never launch it at all. In comparision to the other 4, it's as slow as a snail on crutches.

(using Windows XP).

Ironically, if I recall, Google still pays to support the development of the Mozilla Foundation's Firefox browser.

Just as ironic is that Microsoft owns a considerable portion of Apple, which it acquired when Apple was going bankrupt to prevent becoming an involuntary monopoly. A federal judge said either MS buys Apple stock, or he would rule MS was a monopoly and face anti-trust rulings.

MS has made a bundle of money from the forced purchase because the stock purchase was completed IIRC before Apple started selling its iPads and iBooks.

Just as ironic is that Microsoft owns a considerable portion of Apple, which it acquired when Apple was going bankrupt to prevent becoming an involuntary monopoly. A federal judge said either MS buys Apple stock, or he would rule MS was a monopoly and face anti-trust rulings.

MS has made a bundle of money from the forced purchase because the stock purchase was completed IIRC before Apple started selling its iPads and iBooks.

Doggone judges, making sure that Microsoft won't ever be broke!!

:p

I wish that someone that intelligent would tell me how to invest my cash so I can make money hand over fist like that.

Chrome coming out with release after release automatically updating to the new version, forced Firefox to start reacting much faster with development.

"Faster development" is not the good choice, it's generally means more bugs or less new features if you want to keep the release date... A "when it's done" generally means better quality.

Second point, check your "users" folder. Thanks to google update, you will loose more and more free space disk each time a new release is out. I know that 2Tb hard drive is cheap now, but it not a good reason to take more than 1 Gb for a web browser...

About opera, it can also be a good choice, but not with google website. Since facebook kicks chrome from supported browser, google do the same with opera on their website :
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33864
http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37057
and for gmail : "We don't test Opera, but believe it works with all of Gmail's features."

Nevertheless, i'm still using opera as primary web browser.
But for your concern, i think firefox is what you need.

Freeing up space in Windows XP...

check your "users" folder. Thanks to google update, you will loose more and more free space disk each time a new release is out.

With the last couple of updates, new versions of Chrome are now installed to Program Files>Google>Chrome>Application.

If you see numerous number folders (e.g. 23.0.1271.97) inside the Application folder, you can safely delete all but the current one.

Previously, Chrome was installed to C>Documents & Settings>(USERNAME)>Local Settings>Application Data>Google>Chrome - if you're using the latest Chrome, you can safely delete everything in this folder except User Data.

Of course, you should back up your data first in case you encounter any problems ;)

Get Google Chrome here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Last edited:
Back