• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where Is Amplify Weak Sector Option?

zom

Greetings all!

In the manual for CloneCD 5 Device Settings it reads

CloneCD 5 is much easier to use than CloneCD 3 was. Many of the options you could choose are not visible anymore. But they are still there. You could take a look at the settings of the CD Readers and CD Writers or modify them if you click on the device with the right mouse button. Unlike the Profile Settings, the Device Settings should only be adjusted to your personal preferences once. After all, the devices don't change with every copying process!

I can right click on the device and get the windows for the Reader Settings. But tor the life of me I can't find the window for Writer Settings and therefore can't enable amplify weak sectors or set the write mode. Is this one of those hidden settings? Thanks

Here's the info CloneCD provides on my drive. Maybe it doesn't support this feature. I tried to go to the supported drive page C:\Program Files\CLONE CD\manual\writers\a.html but it's not in my Help section:

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer: Optiarc
Product: DVD RW AD-7241S
Revision: 1.03
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: Yes
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

Info on inserted Disc:
Number of sessions: 1
Size used on Disc: 770057 kBytes
Sectors: 335263
Time: 74:30:13 (Min:Sec:Fra)

Info on Session 1:
Size used in Session: 770057 kBytes
Number of Tracks: 1
Track 1: Data Mode 1, Size: 770057 kBytes

Last edited:
Greetings all!

I can right click on the device and get the windows for the Reader Settings. But tor the life of me I can't find the window for Writer Settings and therefore can't enable amplify weak sectors or set the write mode. Is this one of those hidden settings? Thanks

Here's the info CloneCD provides on my drive. Maybe it doesn't support this feature. I tried to go to the supported drive page C:\Program Files\CLONE CD\manual\writers\a.html but it's not in my Help section:

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer: Optiarc
Product: DVD RW AD-7241S
Revision: 1.03
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: Yes
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes
Can write CD-R Discs: Yes
Can write CD-RW Discs: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

Info on inserted Disc:
Number of sessions: 1
Size used on Disc: 770057 kBytes
Sectors: 335263
Time: 74:30:13 (Min:Sec:Fra)

Info on Session 1:
Size used in Session: 770057 kBytes
Number of Tracks: 1
Track 1: Data Mode 1, Size: 770057 kBytes

In the first screen (Select CD-Reader), right-click the CD/DVD drive you are using for the reader. Select "Settings". A box will pop up giving you the Error Correction options. When you get to the "Select CD-Writer" screen, right click the drive you want to use and select "Settings". You will see the "Amplify Weak Sector" option here.

Last edited:
Greetings all!

It's in the writer settings ("allow amplify...") and the write profile. Right mouse button, as always.

In the first screen (Select CD-Reader), right-click the CD/DVD drive you are using for the reader. Select "Settings". A box will pop up giving you the Error Correction options. When you get to the "Select CD-Writer" screen, right click the drive you want to use and select "Settings". You will see the "Amplify Weak Sector" option here.

Thanks for responding. I'm able to get to the Reader Settings popup window... and there are just two tabs... Capabilities and Fast Error Skip. I can find no way to open up the Writer Settings popup window as shown in the manual.

OK, I found the Writer Settings. They don't show up unless you're about to write to a disk.... either that or they are now only showing up because I have the CloneCD tray icon activated.

Thanks all!

So What Is Hidden?

From the Manual: CloneCD 5 is much easier to use than CloneCD 3 was. Many of the options you could choose are not visible anymore. But they are still there. You could take a look at the settings of the CD Readers and CD Writers or modify them if you click on the device with the right mouse button. Unlike the Profile Settings, the Device Settings should only be adjusted to your personal preferences once. After all, the devices don't change with every copying process!

So just what settings are hidden? The CloneTray and the Write options?

Back