• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When will CDM support WMV9???

timoteo

Any idea when CloneDVD will support outputting to Windows Media Video 9 format (WMV9)?

I just don't get it, it's not like WMV9 is some new technology. It's been around for about 4 or 5 years -- ANCIENT in computer technology terms. Is there some issue I'm missing here?? Why would they even bother with WMV if they weren't going to utilize the V9 codec?

Well, maybe now that there is a dedicated thread to it this specifically (as opposed to WMV9 with various players) it will get some more attention. Although I can't imagine the programmers/owners/etc. aren't aware of this glaring shortcoming. Why there is silence about it, let alone the fact it is not implemented, will remain a mystery I guess. :confused:

-Tim

I received a reply from Slysoft support, but it really didn't clear up the issue. The person who responded said "Microsoft would simply sue you out of your company if you implement their codec. That's the reason for us not to implement it."

This doesn't make any sense to me since they use a previous version of the codec. Unless perhaps the most reason version is protected by copyright/patent/etc. and the prior version are/were not. I thought like other codecs, WMV9 was open to developers. Doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone shed any light on this? I'm hoping to hear back from Slysoft in this regard and will post my findings.

Best,
Tim

Back