• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question What's the source of the year data?

I read somwhere that movies are made from only 7 basic scenarios. Maybe, maybe not. But it sures seems like it.

That's true, but the scenarios are so basic that I think it's disingenuous for them call them "stories." The scenarios (I like your word better), are "rags to riches," "riches to rags," and variations.

I read somwhere that movies are made from only 7 basic scenarios. Maybe, maybe not. But it sures seems like it.

Amen to that!

And yeah, that's kind of a given, if you think about it. :=P

But I still feel this remake-rehashing of the exact same movies, songs, etc. is a bit excessive. LOL.

T

Thanks for asking this question DQ, because I was having the same problem.

After a few trial and errors, I figured out how to get individual movies to display it for my needs. But it doesn't seem to work with series.

Since I am old and my memory gets foggy real quick, the first thing I did was take a picture of what my template selection was set at/selected. Then when I tried to add the year function, it erased what was there and started a new entry. But I learn fast, and looked I remembered the picture and retyped that information then added the year function. And it works for what I need, well as far as movies go.

Attachments

• Year added - Screenshot 2023-10-03 122015.jpg
    Year added - Screenshot 2023-10-03 122015.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
  • How I edited my template to include the year..jpg
    How I edited my template to include the year..jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
After a few trial and errors, I figured out how to get individual movies to display it for my needs. But it doesn't seem to work with series.

Hmmm, I hadn't tried it for a series.

I guess for a series, I'd only want to add it at the series folder level, not so much for each episode.

You say it doesn't work, meaning no Year is added at all?

Let me give a try...

... the first thing I did was take a picture of what my template selection was set at/selected.

Good idea!

I better do the same. :=)

T

I like your idea of applying it to the series level folder vs each episode, but I don't think it can be done.

I noticed that with MAX, each episode is tagged with 'xxxx' instead of a date. While on AP and Disney, it worked. Therefore, I just deleted the year option for the episodes and kept it for movies.

I better do the same. :=)

I forgot AS saves the old template for you when you create a new one.

So guess I didn't need the screenshot after all - lol.

@lajoes, I added Year at the Series folder level and, ignoring the empty duplicate folder, it worked for this one-time trial...

1696363977607.png

It occurs to me though that if episodes spill over into the next year, it may cause a folder to be created for each year -- which I wouldn't want.

I also tried adding Year at the episode level...

1696364130777.png

Again, for this one-shot simple test, that seems fine too!

T

Last edited:
I noticed that with MAX, each episode is tagged with 'xxxx' instead of a date.

I think it does that when Year information is not available.

You have to enclose the Year designation in the template in "<>" and then if no Year is available, nothing extra is added to the Title.

Like this...

%p/%n - Season %s< (%y)>/%e - %t

This is what I used for my folder-level addition of Year.

Edit: I tried it on a MAX series and it didn't add any Year info - and no XXX's either.

So I guess the Year info is not available there for the series (I picked).

T

Last edited:
It looks like it all depends on which provider you DL from.

I'm planning to let AS add the Year, then verify on IMDB.

If there's a discrepancy, I'll adjust - but AS adding it in gives me a leg up (otherwise I might never get around to adding it - lol).

I just tried a few title after changing my settings and ran into the issue with duplicate folders being created per movie - one with the Year added in the title and one without.

As already said, the folder without the Year is empty and can easily be deleted, even while AS is still downloading.

Probably an unexpected side effect that the developers will iron out soon - meantime no big deal to delete the extra folders.

IMO small price for a needed benefit. :=)

(asked to make bold)

T
I am missing something here. Can AS create folders for each movie it downloads?

I am missing something here. Can AS create folders for each movie it downloads?

Yes, if you configure for that in your download template.

Here's the template I use (for movies, not series)...

%p/%t< (%y)>/%t< (%y)>

The "/"'s indicate a folder.

So this creates a folder for the Provider, a folder for the Title inside that, then puts the Title inside its own folder (with Year indicated if available).

Sample result:

Hulu/Birds of Prey (2020)/Birds of Prey (2020).mp4

T

Last edited:
Yes, if you configure for that in your download template.

Here's the template I use (for movies, not series)...

%p/%t< (%y)>/%t< (%y)>

The "/"'s indicate a folder.

So this creates a folder for the Provider, a folder for the Title inside that, then puts the Title inside its own folder (with Year indicated if available).

Sample result:

Hulu/Birds of Prey (2020)/Birds of Prey (2020).mp4

T
Thanks, I have been toying with the idea of putting all my movies into individual folder so I can use nfos.

I use an alternate, 3rd party program to edit movie years and tv series after the fact if the data (such as year) is missing.

It is not in competition with AS but I am not sure if I am allowed to post the program name in case you wanted to test it out. I liked it and ending up buying it. For editing so many titles it was money well spent. It has its quirks, like anything but I have like a 99% success rate with it.

I use an alternate, 3rd party program to edit movie years and tv series after the fact if the data (such as year) is missing.

It is not in competition with AS but I am not sure if I am allowed to post the program name in case you wanted to test it out. I liked it and ending up buying it. For editing so many titles it was money well spent. It has its quirks, like anything but I have like a 99% success rate with it.
To use a phrase, "Inquireing minds want to know".

I use filebot.

It took me a bit looking at examples on how to set it up but it has helped me label tv series and movies both.

Just in case this confused anyone else besides me, the %y will only show up as an option if you are running the beta version of the software. It is still in the testing phase.

Back