• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's the Deal on The New Movies??!!!

djlen

I have in the past 2 weeks, been unable to use AnyDVD for "I am Number 4", "The Mechanic", "The Town", and a few other new movies. Also tried it with "Lonesome Dove", an older movie on DVD, without success.
What's the deal on this latest glitch. I have a lifetime subscription and have used the latest updated versions on all the above. I update as soon as I get a notice via email.
I use DVD Shrink and Decrypter, and have been using them for years with almost 100% success. All of a sudden nothing will rip for me. I've had to use other software which I don't like to use since I paid for AnyDVD.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Regards,
Len

DVD Shrink is OLD, so it can't understand the newer protections many DVDs use now. If you want to continue using DVD Shrink you need to use AnyDVD's "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk" feature first, and then input the resulting folder into DVD Shrink for processing.

I don't use Decrypter myself, but you will probably need to do the same thing described above.

This DVD Shrink "problem" is nothing new, it has been happening for some time now. You have just been lucky in not bumping up against it before.

Last edited:
FurryGuy - Where can I find the "Rip Video To Hard Disc" option in settings? I don't see it anywhere.
If I can do it that way I will......just cannot locate it and actually never knew it was an option.

Regards,
Len

mike - yes I'm using the 6.2.8.0 version as of today. Just got the update notice. I always update the day I find out a new version is available.

Regards,
Len

Try a right click on the AnyDVD tray icon ....

And if you are not using CloneDVD this may explain the "new movie" thing and you are aiming at the wrong target.

Most OEM burn programs or processing software will NOT support on-the-fly READ and then WRITE, especially with newer DVDs.
This means you will run into problems trying to use AnyDVD in the background with these products since they can not handle newer sector protections like CloneDVD2 can.

And as the studios gallop forward with such things these products will fall more and more behind.

Products like Shrink, 123, DVD X Copy, 1Click, Nero, and some other products will fail with (for example):
- "DVD could not be imported because the ...",
- "Disc error", "fail to read from drive...." or
" dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file. "
"encrypted" or
"Overlap" or
"The V_ADMAP table is corrupt", etc, etc, etc.

Things like "dvd structure appears to be corrupt",
"Copy protection error - the read failed because the section is encrypted".
"this dvd can not be read. please try another dvd."

or whatever may also appear..

This is the business-as-usual scenario when you use such programs, to mean you'll need to use the "rip video...." option on the right mouse menu on the AnyDVD tray fox and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

We offer CloneDVD2 as the ideal partner product for AnyDVD as it does not have this limitation.

FurryGuy - Where can I find the "Rip Video To Hard Disc" option in settings? I don't see it anywhere.
If I can do it that way I will......just cannot locate it and actually never knew it was an option.

Regards,
Len

The red fox head icon in the notification area (lower right corner of the display). Right click it and you get a popup menu. "Rip to HD" will be one of the options.

And updating AnyDVD (HD) to the latest version, currently official release 6.8.2.0, wouldn't hurt either. You will still have to rip the DVD to your HD though.

OK, thank you Frank......I just right clicked the Fox and saw the "Rip To Harddisk" option.
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'll ask: When I put the movie into the player and right click and select Rip To Harddisk, it will start the process of ripping the movie to my selected folder. Then I can move it into Shrink for processing it. Is that correct?
I have used Shrink for years and like it because it gives me the freedom to back up only the parts of the DVD I want and I haven't found any software that gives me that freedom. If you know of one that is newer, and that is compatible with AnyDVD, I'd be happy to learn about it.
BTW, the error message I've been getting is: " dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file. ", which was occasional previously but is happening with every movie now.

Regards,
Len

I use DVD Shrink and Decrypter, and have been using them for years with almost 100% success. All of a sudden nothing will rip for me. I've had to use other software which I don't like to use since I paid for AnyDVD.

As the responder said DVD shrink is out dated and has no longer support and you will need Anydvd to decrypt it before you can begin to use DVD shrink.

See #7

OK, thank you Frank......I just right clicked the Fox and saw the "Rip To Harddisk" option.

BTW, the error message I've been getting is: " dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file. ", which was occasional previously but is happening with every movie now.

Regards,
Len

I think I covered this. See #7 above.

CloneDVD gives you seamless operation w/ AnyDVD. Up to you and we're running a sale now... :D

When I put the movie into the player and right click and select Rip To Harddisk, it will start the process of ripping the movie to my selected folder. Then I can move it into Shrink for processing it. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'll ask: When I put the movie into the player and right click and select Rip To Harddisk, it will start the process of ripping the movie to my selected folder. Then I can move it into Shrink for processing it. Is that correct?

You use the "Open Files" option instead of the "Open Disc" as you probably were using previously.

I have used Shrink for years and like it because it gives me the freedom to back up only the parts of the DVD I want and I haven't found any software that gives me that freedom. If you know of one that is newer, and that is compatible with AnyDVD, I'd be happy to learn about it.

Regards,
Len

Using DVD Shrink you replace the video tracks you don't want with a still image, but the length of the replaced video is still the same. For instance, a 5 minute video clip becomes a 5 minute still picture. CloneDVD is compatible, and it removes both the video track AND the time so you end up not seeing the clip or the time it used to play.

Download CloneDVD from the main site and trial it.

CloneDVD can shrink DVDs as well as burning the output. I find it well worth the price because of the close integration it has with AnyDVD. I've almost totally stopped using the third party programs I had used to get DVDs the way I want. AnyDVD and CloneDVD does it all.

Back