• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"What U Hear": Is this DRM protected? (Direct Recordings)

HDRAY

I've been researching this for sometime now and from my understanding a lot of people are having problems getting "What U Hear" to actually work correctly. Basically, for Creative Lab sound card users it's called "What U Hear" for other cards it can read as "Sound Mixer", etc. But the gist is the same, it's recognized by Vista/Win 7 but disabled/unavailable. There is one particular program that offers a true kernel mode driver that restores the capability to do direct recordings. Once the program is installed upon reboot "What U Hear" actually does become "Ready" instead of "Unavailable". However, the issue I found is that it forces you to use "What U Hear" as the default while disabling (making unavailable) all the other sound options. So, if you had a mic that was working fine without making it default it will now become disabled/unavailable once you use that program.

The purpose of "What U Hear" allows the user to record the sound reproduced by the speakers/headphone. This is where I see this as an opportunity for SS. I see this as an opportunity for your organization/company to add another program to your suite. If you know how to unlock this feature so that any sound card capable can record then people will buy it IMO. You can call it AnySound or whatever you like but the gist of it is simple, it would unlock "What U Hear"/"Sound Mixer" for those sound cards capable of using it.

Does this sound interesting?

Last edited:
Back