• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What type of drives are you using in your NAS enclosure?

Watcher0363

Recently found a great deal on a brand new older model Qnap. Which brings me to 8 full bays with assorted models of Qnap NAS's. I also have 4 Seagate 8tb backup plus drives. I am just wondering how many people think NAS drives are really necessary for video servers. Because the drives will not be doing a lot of writing with just moderate read usage giving the amount of data I currently have and will have on them.

I recently found out with some effort, all the drives from the backup plus's can be removed from their enclosure and inserted into 3.5" bays. I was thinking of doing that in a raid configuration after running a deep scan of the drives. Hopefully that would save money on buying new NAS drives and cut down on the electricity being used by the drives and the waste of leaving unused drives just lying around.

So how important do people on this forum in general think NAS drives are essential, or maybe just prudent?

Back