• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What Renderer to use with Reclock?

I think both yesgrey's resampler and a modded version of an avisynth plugin I use were killing the VSYNC stability(jitter)

everything looks cool now in VMR9 Windowed with 12 queue samples.

gonna let it run for 2H, I'll see how it goes when I come back :D

ok I've run a few tests, they all went fine!

I don't really mind to have that static white VSYNC dash when I watch movies(on a 2 meters wide screen :D ), so I'll leave it on this evening :policeman:

at some point in the past, I spent several weeks using custom EVR in MPC HC.

after going back to HR, I had the feeling as if there were more fps....in comparison HR was like if Trimension DNM were enabled :eek:

Kazuya just told me the same thing after I tipped him on ZP6, and he's right.

besides VMR9 in ZP6 on XP seems to work perfectly on 16/9 movies, but craps out once in a while on 2.35

and I've watched a movie with HR on Vista, it was butter smooth!

now all I need is getting the damn ZP6 working on Vista, it says "invalid floating point" when I connect it to Reclock atm.

starman said he got it working :bang:

I've dual booted Vista on my PC, and I have no trouble with ZP6 and reclock. I disabled UAC and installed ZP6 in Legacy mode.

But I can't get Powerstrip to work (it thinks it's working, but nothing happens).

Back on XP, for some reason VMR9 is now working with the decoder outputting RGB32, and it's just smooth as silk. I watched all of a Harry Potter the other night and didn't see a single judder/jump/jitter.

So I'm pretty happy with XP now. Not certain I'll persist with Vista, as my soundcard drivers don't allow the fancy Audio stuff (like room correction). Will see how I go, I'd like to fix the Powerstrip issue and give it a proper go.

But for now:

-Reclock with Vsync enabled.
-VMR9 Windowless
-ffdshow or CoreAVC restricted to RGB32 output, with levels set to 16-235.

well watch a few movies, and at the end enable Reclock's VSYNC indicator ;)

I had it stable for a little while, then it started to randomly crap out.

and after a while, switch to HR for a change....if your display is "nervous" enough you too should find that it's way smoother than anything else on PC :)

but if you don't use pstrip, then you don't have perfect refresh rates in reclock ?

Last edited:
I can't get Powerstrip working on the Vista boot. On XP it works fine. Until I get this sorted, Vista is a no go for me.

But on XP, Haali Renderer has jumps and judders on occasion for me. VMR9 doesn't.

And what do you mean by "2.35:1" movies? BD/HD-DVDs are all encoded 1920x1080 square pixels, with black bars for 2.35:1 movies. The black bars are just black bars. Or do you mean you re-encode to 1920x802? Why bother?

well even with your funky 95.904Hz, HR should be smooth.

it's smooth for me at 89.91 :D

you still need to check that HR's jitter figure in its OSD is <8ms, but at least there's no need to run Reclock's tearing test to see if you caught the VSYNC properly.

well I happen to have several 2.35 mkv movies :p

Haali has never been smooth enough.

It's taken a long while to eliminate all the issues (massive CPU overkill helps), and HR judders.

You can see it in the Tearing Test. HR is jumpy compared to VMR9.

I wanted to preserve my 16-235 levels, so on my old PC I had to use Haali Renderer as I didn't have the grunt to do the RGB conversion in the decoder.

Now I have enough grunt, and I was able to pinpoint the issue with HR.

How do you get the jitter down? With an interlaced res it sits at 15-16ms, and with a progressive res it sits around 5-8ms. But the tearing test jumps and the Vsync rolls.

VMR9 just seems to work.

Why are you running 90hz? Ick!!

maybe I'm mistaking...ain't u the guy with the CRT pj ?

I run 48Hz w/ Reclock, tearing test is smoother than VMR9.

in VMR9 on XP(or HR on Vista) I have to run the tearing test a few secs before watching each video, to make sure that I caught it properly...very annoying :disagree:

in HR on XP, I seek a few times to make sure that I got <8ms jitter and I'm good to go.

maybe I'm mistaking...ain't u the guy with the CRT pj ?

I run 48Hz w/ Reclock, tearing test is smoother than VMR9.

in VMR9 on XP(or HR on Vista) I have to run the tearing test a few secs before watching each video, to make sure that I caught it properly...very annoying :disagree:

in HR on XP, I seek a few times to make sure that I got <8ms jitter and I'm good to go.

Yes, I have a CRT projector, that's me.

I just watched a full 16:9 frame BD...back to VMR7 for me.

VMR9 tears if I do the RGB conversion in the decoder. I didn't notice it before, as I watched a 2.35:1 film with black bars.

For me Haali jumps around in the tearing test. And the jitter in HR moves up and down. There's no way to keep it constantly below 8, it moves. Down to 2, up to 10.

I think the Haali V-sync thing fights reclock.

enabling VSYNC correction in Reclock is begging for problems from my experience.

ogo said that it only worked w/ Overlay(and maybe VMR7?)

I tried to enable it w/ HR, but then it was going completely nuts!

quite frankly, I don't think the VMR renderers are fundamentally bad guys....it's just that noone coded a presenter that's good enough to be used w/ Reclock.

like ZP's HR presenter, which is not as stable as MPC/KMP's(Haali did some code in MPC & KMP stole it).

at least HR has built-in jitter correction, which counter-balances VSYNC hiccups with its video frame cache(in the graphic card's RAM).

Last edited:
Back