• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What other BluRay Player Software is there?

RC51TofuMan

I currently use software- Cyberlinks PowerDVD10 Ultra combined with AnyDVD HD to play my BluRay DVD's.

Is there any OTHER BluRay Player Software on the market that anyone can recommend Besides PowerDVD10?

Thanks,

Ty:bang:

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater 5 is one of the best, and the only one that still supports bd playback from folders. Corel WinDVD is another player

I personally prefer and use Powerdvd 10 but i used the trial for ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theater 5 and it worked very well. The reasons I went with Pdvd was price as an older version came with my drive and was cheaper to upgrade, and the TMT5 menu system was so small I could barely make it out on my 60" TV from 12' away. Maybe there was a setting somewhere to increase it but $50 for Pdvd and $100 for TMT5 made my choice easy.

so I take it that...ArcSoft and PowerDVD are the only 2 or is there others that are proven?

I've read briefly about ffdshow which is an open source codec. Not sure how it all works or how well it works but if you have the time to check it out it may be okay. Whats your issue with PDvd?

djc..
Where do I start?
my setup I have a Tower computer w/ (2) Pioneer bluray players/burners

I have 2 screen setups Primary is samsung DVI and Secondary is Panasonic VT25 series plasma HDMI setup. So basically i run 2 screens and run movies off of the Panasonic.

Regular DVD's will play without any problems on the HDMI Panasonic until i start playing BluRay which then it says it will not allow.

That is where AnyDVD HD comes into play where it bypasses something which it allows me to play BluRay.

that is the start of my PowerDVD issues.

Keep in mind I run Dual Screens on my computer. ON Regular DVD's i can run 2 Screens at the same time without any issues.

When I start to run BluRay it's a little tricky. Depending on which screen on Play the BluRay the other screen is blacked out. It's vice versus (in reverse ) if i go the other way. THIS ONLY HAPPENS when I play BluRay. Regular DVD's i do not have this glitch.

I posted this earlier..and i got a response it's NOT AnyDVD HD but instead can either be a software or hardware issue.

As ridiculous as it sounds...i'm here searching away....on what a solution there is if any.....besides just living with it....

Ty

Well not sure how far you want to troubleshoot but you could rip it to your harddrive and see if it plays that way. That way you will know for sure if its a protection scheme issue or hardware issue. For powerdvd you'll need to convert it to an iso and mount the image to play. You'll need Imgburn and slysofts Virtual CloneDrive, both free, to do this.

djc
thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm drained and not gonna get into it.

I downloaded a trial version of Arcsoft sofwtare. Same results with the exception.....

Now...it happens when I play regular DVD's.....only one screen will stay on....

so I uninstalled the Arcsoft...and kept things the way they are....w/ the PowerDVD which allows both screens to run when playing Regular DVD's....better than nothing.

After reading these forums I guess Slysoft/AnyDVD is supposed to come out w/ their version of a player?

I'll wait and see how that works....

Merry Christmas...and thanks..

Ty

If you ripped the Blu-ray to your hard drive (not an ISO) but in real files the latest versions of Windows Media Player will play Blu-ray movies just fine, it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the other players but it plays them.

I've used it to watch not only ripped Blu-ray files but also after I am done useing BD-Rebuilder to create a 'movie only' file prior to burning it to a BD25 disk.

My choice:

1. Corel WinDVD 2010 (best combination of functionality, slick, stylish UI, works out of the box)
2. ArcSoft TMT5 (requires some patching from time to time to work 100%, cool new UI)
3. PDVD 10 (Bloated software with lots of crappy features, works out of the box though. don't like the UI and the company)
4. Roxio Cineplayer BD (worst playback software ever! Does not work correctly with 75% of all discs)

If you ripped the Blu-ray to your hard drive (not an ISO) but in real files the latest versions of Windows Media Player will play Blu-ray movies just fine, it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the other players but it plays them.

I've used it to watch not only ripped Blu-ray files but also after I am done useing BD-Rebuilder to create a 'movie only' file prior to burning it to a BD25 disk.
But it only plays back single file movies with no menu's etc and won't play back HD audio, so essentially it's just playing back the m2ts file with no chapter options or subtitle options. Unless you meant MPC HC

Out of curiosity: How and where does CinePlayer BD store Blu-ray-Region and Region-counter information? I have also heard TMT 5 uses a different method than its predecessor.

thanks for all the replies.
I tried the TMT5 Trial version. Doesn't work with my (2) screens in Extended Mode

so for ...for what works for me.....the PowerDVD10 Ultra is the only solution.

I've tried Corel WinDVD....no luv there either...

I'm awaiting for SlySoft/AnyDVD to come out w/ THEIR Software Player....Anyone know when?

doubt it has something to do with your setup. From another topic on the forum the probable cause whya BD can't be played on a dual-screen setup could be because of the HDCP protection.

PDVD10 integration

Well not sure how far you want to troubleshoot but you could rip it to your harddrive and see if it plays that way. That way you will know for sure if its a protection scheme issue or hardware issue. For powerdvd you'll need to convert it to an iso and mount the image to play. You'll need Imgburn and slysofts Virtual CloneDrive, both free, to do this.

I don't know if this constitutes a new thread, but can you please tell me how this works? I have PDVD10 installed in WMC7-32. If I rip a BR to ISO using AnyDVD I can create the ISO no problem. I also use MyMovies and it correctly recognizes that I have added a movie and adds it to my collection as it should. Since I can only natively recognize ISO's under MyMovies I select that menu from WMC and when I try to play a BR, one of two things happens: it either hour-glasses then does nothing or in some cases I can get the BR to play in PDVD10 but in a new window. I can seem to get it integrated with WMC properly.

It's probably did wrong, so I guess my question is whether there is a "dummies" guide to making this work.....maybe what the settings should be etc. I don't want to have to manually mount an ISO every time I play a BR image. I'm looking for something that is more seamless.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, I have a wierd problem. my PowerDVD7.3 isn't playing back the likes of Avatar Blu Ray now, so I need to upgrade.

Tried TM5, it plays back Avatar iso very well, loved it. Seriously considering buying it...BUT my dvd folders and iso's stutter!!!

Play the same folders/isos in PowerDVD 7.3 and they playback perfectly.

So I DL the latest PowerDVD 10 and it plays back dvds okay....but not the Avatar iso!

What gives? Very confused and ever so slightly annoyed. Will I have to keep two players?

Back