• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the best format

Trudie

I want to take my DVD's and put them on an external harddrive. My new TV can read the hard drive and play the movies. I tried the Divx and they look terrible on my flatscreen.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Trudie

I tried the Divx and they look terrible on my flatscreen.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Trudie

have you tried the best resulition and 3 passes and how many kb/s?

VOB Pass through then rename to mpg = no transcoding so same quality as original and it is very fast.

Yeah, the OP said "best format" so that is pretty subjective because to me that is to not trancode and therefore degrade the quality. I mean a DVD already looks degraded on an HD TV to me so making it worse seems counter productive I think.

I'm having the same issues and don't know what way to go. I have been using the any dvd and clone dvd software for years now. Now I have a psp and ipod touches for the kids and an iphone for the wife. I also have WD TV Live Plus with two 1.5TB drives hooked to it. I guess what I'm getting at is a couple of things 1. How do I get the movies from my hard drives to the phone, PSP and Ipod? All of the movies are in an iso format on the hard drives and I can't figure out how to get them in the correct format to put on these devises. I have tried Clone DVD Mobile and now I am lost. 2. I want to add a second WD TV Live and would like to view the videos at the same time thru my computer (networked). I am also running out of space on the drives fast along with the knowledge of all of the discussions on here and other forumns about all of this. Has anyone else gone thru this that would like to give a slow person some advice?

Back