• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the best Blu-ray ISO streamer? NeoTV 550? Something else?

ethanwa

If there is something better than the NeoTV 550, please tell me why. Thanks!

people swear by the oppo-95 but it aint cheap

Maybe, but it neither accepts ISOs as a DNLA client nor streams.

While I don't have one myself, I've heard good things about the DuneHD Smart series. From what I've read, it's the only one that will do full BD-iso with full menus. If full menus aren't important to you, then the PopcornHour also has good reviews.

Best option is your own HTPC.

I have a NEO TV550 since it first came out. I have over 100 Blu-Ray ISO's on my UNRaid server and it works very well, make sure you have the latest firmware. If I were to replace it I would get a Dune, supposed to be one of the best, but of course it's almost 4 times the money. I heard you can pick up a NEO TV550 for about $80. now a days, a Dune for $350.

The Dune models are generally regarded as the most reliable. It's a shame they're so expensive. The prices for the HD Smart models have actually gone UP in the past several years.

I am using the Boxee Box and Boxee Box plus hacks add on and it works for me. In texas you can find people moving Boxee Box for 50 dollars all day, but be advised it only supports simple menus on Blu Ray Iso

Ive found the kdlinks HD700 a good replacement for the Neo. The UI is barebones but it does the job i need it to do.

Back