• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

what is the benefit of clonedvd reading the disc first?

gsingh13

I've just discovered you can burn from the hard drive without clonedvd reading the disc first using the "write existing data" option. But also you can burn from disc to disc using the "write existing data" option but again it doesnt read the disc it just writes. so can anyone tell me what the purpose or what benefit there is in reading the disc first, storing it in the temp folder and then writing it to disc from the temp folder if it can just write straight away using "write exisiting data".

I've just discovered you can burn from the hard drive without clonedvd reading the disc first using the "write existing data" option. But also you can burn from disc to disc using the "write existing data" option but again it doesnt read the disc it just writes. so can anyone tell me what the purpose or what benefit there is in reading the disc first, storing it in the temp folder and then writing it to disc from the temp folder if it can just write straight away using "write exisiting data".

Please read the manual. Write existing data cannot re-author or compress.

yes i've read the manual and i still cant find the answer. assuming i dont want to compress or re-author what is the benefit of using the "write existing data" option. or in other words why does this option not read the disc data first before burning? what is the benefit or reading the disc first and then writing the data as the other option does if there is a benefit?

If the dvd clonedvd is reading contains an error all you've done is waste the time it took to create an incomplete VIDEO_TS folder.

If you used "write existing data" option to copy from "dvd to dvd" and your source dvd has an error on it you've wasted a blank that will only have a partially burned copy on it

If the dvd clonedvd is reading contains an error all you've done is waste the time it took to create an incomplete VIDEO_TS folder.

If you used "write existing data" option to copy from "dvd to dvd" and your source dvd has an error on it you've wasted a blank that will only have a partially burned copy on it

And, if you aren't compressing or re-authoring, the majority of movies are on double layer media which means you need to use DVD +R DL media which is more expensive.

Back