• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

what is purpose of Speedmenus

CountryBumkin

Is Speedmenu there to replace the built-in BD menu that comes up when the physical disk is played, or does it have a different purpose?

I ripped a BD to iso with speedmenu turned on, but I'm not seeing a menu when the BD starts (it goes right to playing the movie). I'm playing back through the JRiver Media Center program.

Usually I just rip the main movie, but this time I want to keep the BD menu and have access to the entire disk. What do I need to do?

Speedmenu replaces the default one with a very simple looking one that bypasses disc Java and speeds up loading. The reason you're not seeing it is because you're using that jriver thing. It's not a licensed bluray player and as such doesn't support menus of any kind (or at best simple ones). Play the speedmenu enabled disc in powerdvd and you will see it. (At least if you configured it right, always enabled vs Java discs only). It's not an anydvd issue, it's your player.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Originally, there were 9 Speedmenus Designs (from SlySoft). With RedFox, there are just 8.
I wonder why they didn't included the "Simple" one...?

With unlicensed players there would be little point to speedmenus even if you could display them, since you already have direct access to all the playlists anyway. In MPC-HC after opening a Blu-ray you can just right-click and go to Navigate->Blu-ray playlists and it's all there, I'm sure JRiver must have something similar.

I use it for Java based mostly & mainly for some Redbox rental's just to access special features that are blocked thru the menu but the content is on the disk (it shows me 'all' the valid playlists on disc) also it does load faster than the orig. the only issue with using the speedmenu that I've come across is when I also selected "keep original menu" in settings which doesn't work properly sometimes and this is using w/PDVD but I think I read something about if you rip a disc as unprotected it should be present if selected in settings and be useable by any player that supports atleast basic menus.

With unlicensed players there would be little point to speedmenus even if you could display them, since you already have direct access to all the playlists anyway. In MPC-HC after opening a Blu-ray you can just right-click and go to Navigate->Blu-ray playlists and it's all there, I'm sure JRiver must have something similar.
On the contrary. With unlicensensed players (e.g., Kodi) you have a menu, that actually picks the correct playlist.

I usually just rip the movie so menu access has not been a concern, but I have some BDs where a menu would be very useful - such as the "picture setup" disk "Disney WOW" where the menu is used to select the test pattern or audio test you want to use. Without a menu you see 169 "titles" (many are just short Disney film clips) without an easy way to know which title does what. JRiver has a feature called "particles" that helps (if you want to take the time to figure out each title is and name it) but it is still way harder then if the program just used some sort of menu.

Is there any value to speed menus besides bypassing the java from loading and speeding up loading? I have noticed most players (like Kodi, popcorn hour, etc.) bypasses BD menus now. I have heard in other locations that bypassing the menu will not activate things like Cinavia. Since Cinavia is in the sound track I am not sure that makes sense, but I am figuring there must be a reason so many people are now bypassing the BD menus besides java. Otherwise what is the big deal of waiting an extra minute to load a 2 hour movie? Thanks

Cinavia is NOT tied to the original menu being loaded or not, what you heard is wrong. 'Most' players don't bypass menus willingly, only licensed players playback full menu support and that comes with mandatory cinavia detection if the player was licensed post 2012-02-01.

@Ch3vron thanks for the speedy reply, but please take the time to read my statement before replying. It wastes both of our time. Notice I stated:

"Since Cinavia is in the sound track I am not sure that makes sense"

So I already identified I didn't think that was the reason. What I was asking is what else do you get from speed menus. It seems silly everyone would be bailing on BD menu's if it was just to save a minute of loading. Logic suggests there has to be more of a reason. (if it isn't about circumventing protections on the BD, then maybe it is a copyright thing). None of my iso players play the BD menus anymore. Thanks

I did read. Maybe you should read yours again too :p The first part of my reply is directed toward your statement

I have heard in other locations that bypassing the menu will not activate things like Cinavia.

Hence the 'you heard wrong' past. Whether you bypass the menu or not cinavia will still kick in if the player supports it and the signal is not removed.

It's also not the users that are bailing on the menu, is the PLAYER that does it whether the user likes it or not. Speedmenu also doesn't circumvent copy protection, nor is it a copyright thing.

Speedmenu speed up disc loading, especially on Java menu discs that some older players may refuse to load. Speedmenu in those cases usually let's the disc get loaded.

Speedmenu can also sometimes access playlists that contain for example bonus features that are inaccessible on the original menu because the menu was authored that way (frequently occurs on general discs).

Back